Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

UA 787 inaugural IAH-ORD-IAH + a peek at reconfig PMUA 763 (ex-ghetto bird)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA 787 inaugural IAH-ORD-IAH + a peek at reconfig PMUA 763 (ex-ghetto bird)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Great trip report. I am still downloading all of my pictures from the day and hope to post them soon.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Were there in Y and did you happen to notice if there were in C any personal air nozzles? I'd assume yes, because I can't imagine they'd've pulled them out, but I'd be curious to have confirmation.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by stevenshev
Were there in Y and did you happen to notice if there were in C any personal air nozzles? I'd assume yes, because I can't imagine they'd've pulled them out, but I'd be curious to have confirmation.
Yes, both C and Y have the same "new style" air nozzles.

Old Nov 24, 2012, 3:44 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Great TR
Thanks for sharing ^
Old Feb 15, 2013, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Date: 11/05/2012
Flight: UA 621
Route: IAH-ORD
Aircraft: 767-300ER
Reg. # N676UA (6676)
Gate: C16
Class of Service: Economy class
Seat: 22A (Exit row)
Schedule departs: 12:47pm
Schedule arrives: 3:25pm

After some much needed sleep and rest, time to go home. Initially I plan to SDC for earlier flight, even for the 787, but then I really don't want to get up early at 4am two days in a row. There were some SDC routings would take me IAH-IAD-ORD, and it would get me more miles. However, when I took a look for the seatmap on my flight, it had switched from a 3 class 763 to 2 class reconfig 763. This is rather interesting, as I had probably flew the ghetto birds like hundred times already, especially when it used on ORD-SFO-ORD, however, I haven't been on one since it reconfigured.

Originally this flight was a 3 class 763, I had the exitrow window 20A, luckily when it swapped to this 2 class 763, I still retain exitrow window at 22A. The flight board 30 min late as it was by the hangar for maintenance, (since when did PMUA birds get checks at CO hubs ?) it had to tow to the gate.

This config had been out for a few months now, but seems like seatguru still doesn't have much information regarding good seats and bad seats. When I got onboard, I was surprised to see crew rest seats in the front of the Y cabin, and the set up was exactly like PMUA's 777 XI/XC, two rows of crew rest seats with legrest, then the 3 row has huge legroom like 21HJ on PMUA's 777.

Another good row are the center seats 21 DEF, it even have more legroom than exit 21,22 ABKL

PTV is all touchscreen, it also has that remote control looking for at the inner lower armrest, however, it can still basically change channels and volume with the screen than those buttons.

THey had also redid the bathroom, as well as overhead bins to 777 signature full style for the entire plane, not the modified style in PMUA's 3 class 763 F and C, with Y untouched. Here are a few more pics from the back.

In conclusion, if you are going to fly one of these reconfig 2 class 763, consider:

-16 AB and 17AB are crew rest seats with extra legroom, extra recline, and come with a legrest
-16 AB are bulkhead however, same as 16KL
-16 AB and 17AB will only open for domestic as these are crew rest seats
-18 AB have huge legroom behind the crew rest seat
-21 ABKL and 22 ABKL are exit rows, unlike seatguru only mention 22 is exit row, and no that is incorrect, UA didnot remove one of the overwing exit door during reconfig, it is still there. Row 21 used to be bulkhead exitrow with very limited legroom, but now is unlimited except limited recline
-21 DEF as I said have huge legroom, more than exit rows, not sure because of the exit or because of that was where the middle galley used to be
If 16, 18, 21, and 22 are not available, how is 20? Is it limited recline since it's directly in front of the first exit row?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If 16, 18, 21, and 22 are not available, how is 20? Is it limited recline since it's directly in front of the first exit row?
That I have no idea, now if you are talking about 20 DEF instead of ABKL, those middle 3 seats do have full recline.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG

Overhead reading lights and air nozzles are completely different than any other planes
Those are also on the very newest 738s - for example a recent AA flight I was on from SEA-JFK. I didn't get the tail number.

(In case it isn't obvious, both the light and the air nozzle swivel around)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.