Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Myanmar Trip (incl. Singapore Suites)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I have pretty similar flights booked, so am waiting for the SQ SIN flight report to load in. I paid double what you did though. All biz or F, though.
The SQ SIN-LHR report was just loaded by OP, and per what OP revealed, the double price you paid was well spent giving that OP had a painful TATL Y segment immediately after an SQ F leg.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by lewende
The SQ SIN-LHR report was just loaded by OP, and per what OP revealed, the double price you paid was well spent giving that OP had a painful TATL Y segment immediately after an SQ F leg.
Ahh, SQ heaven. Stupid LX.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, TK Black, AA dirt
Originally Posted by blr1222

As always, if you have any questions at all about Myanmar or anything else, don't hesitate to ask.
I'll be there in a couple of weeks, for 2 days. What else should I do, except the pagoda? I have a bunch of meetings, but something tells me I'll have enough spare time, as well.

Btw, info on the guide will be much appreciated
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrSavant
I'll be there in a couple of weeks, for 2 days. What else should I do, except the pagoda? I have a bunch of meetings, but something tells me I'll have enough spare time, as well.

Btw, info on the guide will be much appreciated
To be honest, I didn't see that much beyond the pagoda since I only was there one night. But I'd recommend checking out Bogyoke Market (it's closed on Monday jsyk). Also, just walking around the city, trying the food, people watching, etc. is extremely interesting.

You probably won't have time as it's a 7 hour drive or a 1 hour long flight, but Bagan is supposed to be amazing. You can read more about it here.

I'll PM you the guide's contact info as well.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks so much for posting the excellent description, photos and videos of the SQ 380 suites! My wife and I will be flying them SFO-HKG-SFO in February, so they come in very handy.

Kudos, too, on digging up those videos. I did a decent amount of Google and Youtube searching and didn't come across the ones you posted.

Happy trails!
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:14 pm

To be honest, I didn't see that much beyond the pagoda since I only was there one night. But I'd recommend checking out Bogyoke Market (it's closed on Monday jsyk). Also, just walking around the city, trying the food, people watching, etc. is extremely interesting.

You probably won't have time as it's a 7 hour drive or a 1 hour long flight, but Bagan is supposed to be amazing. You can read more about it here.

I'll PM you the guide's contact info as well.
Got it, thanks a lot.

Apparently I also have to go to Naypyidaw, so I will get some free "sightseeing" enroute
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Wonderful report. I am so excited for my SQ suite flight.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by DrSavant
Got it, thanks a lot.

Apparently I also have to go to Naypyidaw, so I will get some free "sightseeing" enroute
Looking forward to a trip report of Naypyidaw, it is a real unknown.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by FormalHall
Looking forward to a trip report of Naypyidaw, it is a real unknown.
Freeing up space for photos on my iPhone, as we speak
Old Nov 11, 2012, 2:47 am

It was UL stock
Did you have any problems with MH, SQ agents during your trip? Did they ask you anything? were you able to add your UA mileage plus to the SQ flight to earn flying miles (or request SQ agent to do it for you) Thanks. I have the same ticket that you had. I am getting nervous since I have not made any calls or booked any positioning flights and hotels yet. Any info would be useful. Thanks for your wonderful trip report.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nature1370
Did you have any problems with MH, SQ agents during your trip? Did they ask you anything? were you able to add your UA mileage plus to the SQ flight to earn flying miles (or request SQ agent to do it for you) Thanks. I have the same ticket that you had. I am getting nervous since I have not made any calls or booked any positioning flights and hotels yet. Any info would be useful. Thanks for your wonderful trip report.
I didn't have any problems with any agents during my trip. All of my boarding passes printed out normally. I called SQ and AC before my trip to add my MileagePlus number and book seats. The miles for my SQ flight posted a few days after the flight, but the miles from the AC flight haven't posted (I submitted a missing mileage request).

I'm not sure when you're going, but I think you should be fine. No need to worry. If UL or SQ or any of the airlines was going to cancel, I'd think they would have done it by now. Have a great trip! Also, if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me or ask me here.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Not commenting on the food, but Cathay Pacific's hard product seems superior.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Not commenting on the food, but Cathay Pacific's hard product seems superior.
I've never flown Cathay F, but from what I've seen, it looks like Cathay has nicer seats. However, you don't get the enclosed suite. I've also heard that Cathay has better food.

Last edited by blr1222; Nov 11, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.