Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

CX 837 YVR-HKG in First Class

Old Oct 25, 12, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM

Just wanted to share some photos from a trip the "kids" and I took on CX earlier this week from Vancouver to Hong Kong :

(The above image links to a Facebook album with photos from the flight.)
The hard and soft aspects of the Cathay Pacific F product are well documented in many far more comprehensive and well-written TRs on this site so I will only add a couple of observations :

- The CX F lounge at YVR has self-serve champagne bottles !! I thought that was rather generous of CX; certainly at their home-port lounges in HKG, champagne is served by the glass only.

- The service was excellent by the three-person crew in spite of a fully-loaded F cabin. The food quality was also stellar with meals served at exactly the requested times (to the minute).

- I don't know if they did something to the pipes or I just hadn't noticed it before, but the water pressure in their F bathrooms is quite impressive. Also appreciated was that during the sleeping hours of the flight, the bathrooms would be locked by the FA (who would unlock them when they see you wanting to use one) to prevent J pax from wandering into them.

- There will be no more nose F to Vancouver starting next week. Oct 27 is their last scheduled 744 flight; starting next week the CX 838/7 YVR service will be served by their 3-class (J/PEY/Y) 77W fleet instead. (The above flight was the third to last 744 one.) Incidentally, Canadian residents can get a chance at winning 200,000 Asiamiles in the Goodbye 747 Sweepstakes.
Old Oct 25, 12, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Diamond
Love the picture of the pigs "walking" down the jetway

Are you saying no first class from HKG to YVR then (I assume the same the other way around)?
Old Oct 25, 12, 7:32 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
If you manage to enlarge the photos would be great. ^
Old Oct 25, 12, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump View Post
If you manage to enlarge the photos would be great. ^
You should be able to just click on the photos and it will take you to a facebook album where the full-sized version can be viewed; here's a direct link though if that doesnt work : http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=abcb5809d5

Originally Posted by xenole View Post
Are you saying no first class from HKG to YVR then (I assume the same the other way around)?
F is still available on CX 888/9 which continues onto JFK and is also served by 77Ws but not being in the nose, the F cabin feels much more pedestrian
Old Oct 25, 12, 9:15 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Thanks for sharing your trip with your "kids" : it's great ^
Old Oct 25, 12, 9:39 am

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by marcuslai View Post
Also appreciated was that during the sleeping hours of the flight, the bathrooms would be locked by the FA (who would unlock them when they see you wanting to use one) to prevent J pax from wandering into them.

Looks like some of the kids grew up. IIRC, you brought 8 tiny ones along a few years ago.
Old Oct 25, 12, 11:09 am

Probably the most ridiculous trip report i have read and i absolutely loved it. My fav trip report thus far.

I'm going to Vancouver in June next year.
Old Oct 25, 12, 12:47 pm

Programs: FT
I think the staff on the plane must think you are nuts...i, however, can not stop laughing...very silly but yet so darn funny...
Old Oct 25, 12, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC Elite, CX Gold, SPG gold
Originally Posted by mkjr View Post
I think the staff on the plane must think you are nuts...i, however, can not stop laughing...very silly but yet so darn funny...
+1 ^

Michael
Old Oct 25, 12, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP 75K
I hope the kids weren't a handful on this flight! =)
Old Oct 26, 12, 10:37 am

Programs: KL Gold SkyTeam Elite Plus - SEN M&M *G
Hahahaha^^^^^^
Old Oct 26, 12, 1:54 pm

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
This was a fantastic trip report -- very creative. I have to agree that the jetway pic was classic. I like how the "kids" were able to find a good balance between work and play on the journey but two bottles of champers in the lounge -- tisk, tisk.
Old Oct 26, 12, 3:23 pm

Sucks that the only CX F to HK is at 2am now ;(
What mileage currency did you use?
Old Oct 26, 12, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Winner of creepiest TR of the year
Old Oct 26, 12, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA/UA
I am glad I am not the only one that takes a 'kid' on board...I take my lucky bear with me and if I have a spare seat next to me I put him in it... I did a JAL NRT-HKG in F years ago with old style seats.. put my 'kid' in the other seat.. the flight crew thought it was the cutest thing and asked what would he like to eat/drink.. etc.. lol!

^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: