Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Trying out the new LAN J Seat... IPC-LIM

Trying out LAN's new Business Class (with 787 Seats) IPC to LIM

Flight: LA 847 IPC-LIM
Seat: 2D, then 2A and 2C for photos.
Reg: CC-BDE

After a few days exploring Easter Island it was time to head down to Buenos Aires. I head off to the Airport, covered in dust after 2 days of exploration. I highly recommend renting a car since you can explore more of the Island than on the day tours.

IPC Airport is small but cozy. I checked in at the only Business Class desk and was given my Boarding Pass for 2D from IPC-LIM and then IPC-EZE. I inquired about a lounge but was told that none are available (More on this later)...
I went through secuirty, a simple process, no need to remove liquids nor shoes. Simple and calm.
The departure lounge is small with a bar and a gift shop, and then found the non-existent VIP lounge. I walked in and it looked like someone's house, with a small kitchen, some sofas arranged like a living room. There were no employees inside and after determine that there was no alcohol nor snack, I left it and continued walking around.

The "Lounge"

Me in front of the famous Easter Island/Transit sign:

About an hour later, it was time to board the plane. Now, I've flown LAN J plenty of times, I recognize the seats/interior by heart. Dark wood walls and dark seats. Nice and professional.

So as soon as I see this, I had to ask the FA if it was a new plane due to the odd interior. She said yes, the plane was just a few weeks old. But it didn't have that new plane smell hehe

So I started trying out the seat, it's almost the same but slightly different. Power plugs are in the back of the seats, so it's easy unplug yourself by accident while changing positions. Another negative, the seat controls have less pre-programmed options so it takes awhile to get into the right positions.
Pluses: Some more room for drinks in-between seats and the IFE now displays how much time you have till landing.
Some more pics:

Dinner: Turkey with a Dried Fruit Stuffing, LAN's take on the Thanksgiving meal...

Another seat shot:

Last edited by jfkeze; Feb 21, 2013 at 12:44 pm
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:59 pm

Thanks for posting. Business class looks really nice, but the lounge looks like a homeless shelter.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by blr1222
Thanks for posting. Business class looks really nice, but the lounge looks like a homeless shelter.
well, technically, "the lounge"doesn't exist according to check-in agent and also doesn't exist according to OneWorld.com... I just found it when I was walking around the departure area...

J had less than 8 people, including a non-rev who was flying SCL-IPC-LIM to visit her husband... talk about a MR routing if any... hehe
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Interesting new J seats! Didn't know they were putting these on 767s.

How would you compare between the old and new J product?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Nice report.

These are the 787 seats, and the 767 seats on new deliveries and anything they refurbish.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by jfkeze
well, technically, "the lounge"doesn't exist according to check-in agent and also doesn't exist according to OneWorld.com... I just found it when I was walking around the departure area...

J had less than 8 people, including a non-rev who was flying SCL-IPC-LIM to visit her husband... talk about a MR routing if any... hehe
Wow SCL-IPC-LIM! That's quite an interesting way to get to Lima.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.