FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   TR from a professional photograher: UA F, TG F (3x), SQ J (2x), and LH J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1367906-tr-professional-photograher-ua-f-tg-f-3x-sq-j-2x-lh-j.html)

tommyleo Jul 18, 2012 2:39 pm

TR from a professional photograher: UA F, TG F (3x), SQ J (2x), and LH J

Hi all! My most recent, crazy *A award looked like this: PHL-CLT-SFO-PVG-SIN-BKK-HKG-BKK-FRA-JFK-PHL.. I booked the trip using US miles.

My TR is posted on Facebook and anyone can access it here. This TR is ALL photos with short, informative and fun captions. I can assure you that because of my expertise in photography, you will get an unusually good look into the high-end travel experience!

Feel free to friend me on FB (completely optional). If you do, just be sure to identify yourself as a FT'er so I know who you are!

Enjoy and thanks!!!

NOTE: The first part of the TR is my UA flight, SFO-PVG. As you can imagine, the TR gets WAY better after the UA flight, so be patient!

isaifan Jul 18, 2012 2:58 pm

Very nice report. I love the personal aspect and the pictures of the great service you recieved from Singapore, Thai, & Lufthansa.

tommyleo Jul 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by isaifan (Post 18957054)
Very nice report. I love the personal aspect and the pictures of the great service you recieved from Singapore, Thai, & Lufthansa.

Thanks! It's a pleasure to share my experience with everyone.

pvdecastro Jul 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Great report and great pics ! Thanks for sharing!

FlyIgglesFly Jul 18, 2012 8:31 pm

Your report reminds me of the mini ones I do for friends on Facebook...but on crack. This TR is just another prime example of why people shouldn't discount US as their carrier of choice. Redemptions like this are always such a joy to make. Thanks for sharing!

amolkold Jul 18, 2012 11:27 pm

HAHA, I had the same exact Lufthansa employee greet me when I landed at FRA from BKK on TG.

Great pics, as always ^

Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly (Post 18958797)
Your report reminds me of the mini ones I do for friends on Facebook...but on crack. This TR is just another prime example of why people shouldn't discount US as their carrier of choice. Redemptions like this are always such a joy to make. Thanks for sharing!

US is great for non-flight miles (like Grand Slam and Buy Miles Promotions), but they block LH F :(.

SanDiego1K Jul 19, 2012 12:01 am

That was fun!

Who took the pictures of you?

GodAtum Jul 19, 2012 3:56 am

Great pics! What camera and lens did you use?

NA-Flyer Jul 19, 2012 4:11 am

Great report. However, the last part, flying LH C class, is the worst part.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jul 19, 2012 4:46 am

thanks for the great report!!

It's interesting to see the pictures of the food on SQ biz class immediately after UA's F!! SQ looks far superior!

Just a question - my parents will be flying TG F BKK-FRA, then connecting with LH business FRA-AMS. Do you think they will also qualify for the meet-and-greet in FRA and be shown the lounge? Or is that only for connections to international business class?

tommyleo Jul 19, 2012 6:25 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 18959644)
That was fun!

Who took the pictures of you?

In most cases, a flight attendant or ground staffer took the photos of me. The photo of me in the TG cart (with the pretty driver) was taken from the back seat by another F passenger who was on my flight. He volunteered to take the photo; I didn't even have to ask!

BTW, did you notice the yellow FT tag on my bag in some of the photos? That is the same tag you sent me last year!

Originally Posted by GodAtum (Post 18960263)
Great pics! What camera and lens did you use?

Canon 7D with 10-22mm lens. Most of the photos were taken at 10mm (though many were cropped a bit) and at 3200-6400 ISO.

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer (Post 18960300)
Great report. However, the last part, flying LH C class, is the worst part.

I had very low expectations for the LH C segment. As a result, I was fine with it. The "dreaded" seat turned out to be OK as long as I was lying on my side: I slept really well.

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 18960369)
Just a question - my parents will be flying TG F BKK-FRA, then connecting with LH business FRA-AMS. Do you think they will also qualify for the meet-and-greet in FRA and be shown the lounge? Or is that only for connections to international business class?

I have no idea. I was surprised to be greeted by TG staff at FRA at all!

aw Jul 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Lovely pics as usual. Thanks for sharing.

sammyindc Jul 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Great trip report. Thanks for sharing!!

tommyleo Jul 19, 2012 8:37 pm

This is great stuff. One of TG FA's friended me on Facebook. She and a Thai friend of hers are commenting on the photo -- all written in Thai! And Bing's translations are nonsensical to boot!

Forrest Bump Jul 20, 2012 2:45 am

Awesome TR !

And a torture for the senses when enjoyed at lunch time :D

Love how you manage to make the depth effect in the photos.

Thanks for sharing.