Air France La Premiere

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France La Premiere

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Best trip report in a very long time. Bravo.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:14 pm

Great trip report! The lounges really look fantastic.

I flew two AF legs (DL Codeshares) in J last month ex-RGN ticket and wasn't overly impressed, although my first legs were TG(333) and SQ(772/388) in J so perhaps I was just feeling a little spoiled. ZRH-CDG was on either an E170 or E190 (forget which) and CDG-JFK on the A380. The regional flight had me situated beside a large, obnoxious frenchman who has yet to discover toothpaste or mouthwash, methinks. At least it was a short hop. The J Cabin on the 388 that particular day was lucky enough to feature multiple crying babies and a plethora of loud french children... I think I've had more relaxing flights flying UA Y+ LAX-NRT in that decrepit old 747.
Old May 12, 2013, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Dag
Best airplane breakfast I’ve had.

Side note: Last week we got exactly the same Breakfast in Affaires-Class:

Is this a good Point for Affaires Class or a bad Point for La Premiere?
But I have to say, that Affaires Class seems to improve over the last one, two years. Maybe I should write also a Trip Report.
Old May 15, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
Originally Posted by stimpy
All Euro airlines are bad on Euro legs nowadays. And the CDG T2E S4 lounge now has hot food.
I recall reading recently that the European airlines all lose money on their intra-Europe business class cabins, and they only keep them because connecting long-haul passengers wouldn't tolerate being seated in Y for those legs.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
CDG lounge looks excellent!
Old Jul 13, 2013, 4:28 am

Programs: QF Plat One, VA Plat
Originally Posted by Dag
AF7 JFK-CDG Airbus A380-800

Cabin

Same arrangement as 77W, but one extra seat. 1-2-1 for 2 rows, and one in front on the A side. As the first class cabin is on main deck, it is very airy. Most carriers have their first class cabin on upper deck, which is much narrower. 1-2-1 on main deck is almost comparable to 1-1-1 on upper deck.
Actually most carriers have First on the Main/Lower Deck. Emirates, Lufthansa and Thai Airways are the only carriers with First on the Upper Deck. Air France, British Airways, China Southern, Korean Air, Malaysia, QANTAS and Singapore all have First on the Main Deck. Edit: oops, this list reflects the current, July 13, status, jumped in without seeing this report was from last year. Nevertheless agree that F on the Main Deck gives a better feel of space.

That said, excellent report. Don't see too much of AF and this was a good eye opener. Cheers.

Last edited by LarryM1; Jul 13, 2013 at 4:45 am
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Fantastic report Dag ^

After reading your experiences of La Premiere, I must admit I had previously under rated AF's soft product. Thanks for opening my eyes to the commendable menu and wine list.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 6:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was just about to say how awful the F lounge looks then I saw my post from last year......I thought the report looked familiar.

I still enjoyed reading it again. ^
Old Jul 21, 2013, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Nice job, Dag! Air France First Class sure looks like a nice way to travel. I flew it once back in the 80s but it was of course no comparison to today's product. I do miss a good serving of Foie Gras, though. United used to serve it as an appetizer on its Seattle to Anchorage flights back in the mid-eighties. What a treat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.