Wiki Posts
Search

Air China (CA) New 773 F, Swiss (LX) A343 F, Zurich and Beijing

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by armagebedar
I think you were on the same flight as I was (albeit I was in C in the mini-cabin just behind F). Did you notice a huge backup of people at the escalator down to emigration and the E gates? I guess that's what you get when you have so many intercontinental flights departing at around the same time.

Also, when I arrived at the gate the boarding bridge to the F cabin had already been retracted, and boarding was being done without any regard to elite status or class of service, with no separate priority boarding lane or separate call for business/elite passengers. I had to practically wave my passport in front of the ground staffer's face and say "Business Class!" before I got anywhere.
I went through exit immigration in the same building as the lounge (bottom floor) and then took the van to an elevator in the E gates. So I didn't see if there was a back up there.

It was April 30th. I boarded near the beginning but I'm 99% sure there was only one jetbridge the whole time.
Old May 17, 2012, 1:53 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by AZbba
I went through exit immigration in the same building as the lounge (bottom floor) and then took the van to an elevator in the E gates. So I didn't see if there was a back up there.

It was April 30th. I boarded near the beginning but I'm 99% sure there was only one jetbridge the whole time.
Okay, then we flew on separate days. Perhaps they only use the one door for boarding...?
Old May 18, 2012, 2:18 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by AZbba

^ Nice...

THX for the
Great report.
Old May 19, 2012, 12:48 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Thanks for sharing.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by armagebedar
Perhaps they only use the one door for boarding...?
Yes, LX usually uses only the second jetbridge at door 2L foor boarding.

Once I went with a couple of other F pax through the first jetbridge that wasn't retracted but the door was closed. We knocked on the door and a few seconds later a surprised FA stared through the small window...and opened the door

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.