Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

GUM-HNL Island Hopper March 23, 2012

GUM-HNL Island Hopper March 23, 2012

Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: UA life gold, UA/CO life Presidents/United Club since 1965; Marriott life titanium, HH diamond
Michael El great trip report -- I'm booked on the westbound HNL-GUM island-hopper next Monday, followed by GUM-ROR-MNL to see another island. 19.5k miles total trip for $1180 (about $500 reimbursed for a business leg, so cpm drops favorably), and have UGs confirmed for 3 segments, requested for 2 more (not counting the island hopper portion). This has been on my list for awhile!
Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:00 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
this is a great report which i wish id come across earlier.

i would like to do this trip with my kids-but would like to stay on one of the islands-does any of them have anything to do for a week or so to keep small kids occupied?(11,8,5 yrs)
thanks
Old Jan 19, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Thanks for the inspirational trip report. I have booked the GUM-HNL routing March 12, 2014, and reserved seat 1D. I just hope I have two windows for viewing! I'll follow-up with a trip report.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 6:00 pm

Aaahh, memories.....We did a partial hopper in September of 2011. Our destination was Kosrae for a week of some amazing diving. Beautiful island with beautiful people, and so safe, I think they don't even have a jail.....

We where also told to close the window shades after landing in Kwaj and keep them closed until take off and NO photography.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
The new GUM-HNL flight number, 155, is due HNL at 0250, and my connection to SFO doesn't leave until 0620. Does thru checked baggage have to be re-claimed, inspected by Dept Ag, then re-checked at HNL. Is Dept. Ag. open at those times?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by artvandalay
The new GUM-HNL flight number, 155, is due HNL at 0250, and my connection to SFO doesn't leave until 0620. Does thru checked baggage have to be re-claimed, inspected by Dept Ag, then re-checked at HNL. Is Dept. Ag. open at those times?
You're coming in from the Marshall Islands. You're fully international. USDA is not someone you'll see. It's the USCBP (immigration, customs, quarantine) and TSA you'll see, hence yes for "re-check" (drop off at exit to public area).
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by IrishAyes
When you disembark at each island, can you exit into the non-sterile area and receive a passport stamp?
Yes, it's possible. I took the Island Hopper (HNL-GUM) on August 15/16, 2014. I was able to get an RMI passport stamp in Majuro and a FSM passport stamp in Pohnpei as a transit customer.

I posted a trip report on the National Park Travelers Club website: http://www.parkstamps.org/e107_plugi...c.php?130121.0

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.