FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   On The Road Again: Another Boring First Class Trip Report from Seat 2A (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1325029-road-again-another-boring-first-class-trip-report-seat-2a.html)

Brituchenite Mar 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Ooooooh! I really enjoyed reading this report, Seat 2A. thank you so much for taking the time to write and illustrate it with such wonderful prose and photos.

I would absolutely love to do a trip in F on Cathay. I have just enough miles in my AA account to be able to do one. But, alas, I would love for Mr.Brituchenite to be able to make the trip with me, and we don't have enough miles for the two of us! I am a UA 1K; my miles on AA are from a credit card sign up bonus.

Maybe I'll send Mr.B to JNB on UA, and I'll go the long way round on CX and meet him there ...... now there's an idea........@:-):D

Keep writing. Would love to hear about your days in SA and the trip home.

ZFW-ATC Mar 17, 2012 12:38 am

Another simply brilliant Trip Report from one of the acknowledged masters of the art. Your reporting makes me remember my recent trip in CX F and makes me look forward even more to my next trip in May. I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

flycal312 Mar 17, 2012 11:57 am

2A, as long as you keep coming out with these Cathay reports, I'll keep reading them! Well done as always.

I have JFK-HKG-(stop)-JNB-HKG-JFK reserved in CX F in December and can't wait!

ROCruiser Mar 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks for the report. Now I am ready for my CX F trip next week!

msp2anywhere Mar 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Personal favorite pic- the Amenity Kit. Seriously. Looks like you set up your own lighting box- don't tell me it was just the overhead light!

blackmamba Mar 18, 2012 12:21 am

Wonderful pictures! I loved the drink pictures that you had with the cocktail!

Seat 2A Mar 18, 2012 11:01 am

Thanks again to those of you who've read this report and after all that still had the time and desire to post a comment. Speaking on behalf of all of us who write these things, we're thrilled to hear from you! Let me take a moment to answer some questions and comments ~

Originally Posted by SFO777
What time did you take the pics of the empty CX Lounge at SFO? We got there at about 10AM the day we flew 879 and it was already packed by then. Or did you chase them all away? :D

I did! I ran them all out by starting a loud conversation with another patron about how my Denver Broncos were gonna win the Peyton Manning sweepstakes and if nothing else return to our winning ways against the Oakland Raiders! :eek:

Truth be known, I arrived about 9:15am and took those picrtures shortly thereafter. Even then however, the lounge never approached what I'd call full. On the flight, Business Class looked about 60% full.

Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
Personal favorite pic- the Amenity Kit. Seriously. Looks like you set up your own lighting box- don't tell me it was just the overhead light!

Okay - I'll write it to you instead - it really was just overhead light. I normally take four or five pictures of something I know I'll want to use in my trip report and then pick the best one. That particular picture came out looking really nice.

Finally, to all of you who have upcoming flights in First Class on Cathay Pacific ~ you lucky dogs! Good on ya! Have a wonderful time enjoying the top notch comfort and service and - should you feel up to it - I think we've well established that there's no such thing as too many trip reports on Cathay Pacific's First Class. Bon Voyage and happy contrails!

tsastor Mar 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Here’s the menu. What would you order?
What a tease! Well, for once it seems that a first class menu comes close to what I am offered at my parents' house when I go to visit them! ;)

To answer your question, I would have made the same choices as you, except substituting the salad with the soup. However, having seen your picture of the salad, it would have been a mistake. So I'd say, the same as you but adding the soup and one more cheese (like you, I have never really liked goat milk cheese).

Thanks for the report!

aks120 Mar 18, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks for posting ^

aks120

PacWN Mar 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Wonderful trip report! I'm especially looking forward to your review of your train ride to Chicago, if you choose to write one. Doing a cross-country train ride is on my bucket list, along now with a trip in Cathay first class!

worldtraveller73 Mar 19, 2012 7:36 pm

A nice report with the insight of experience.

I would be flying to JNB too if it was priced at the same miles.

Thank you for the effort it took to post.

NJTravelers Mar 20, 2012 5:17 am

Thank you for another great TR!

Thanks so much for yet another great TR! I always enjoy reading them.

zookeeper Mar 20, 2012 3:25 pm

You and I have the same philosophy on international F travel. I stay awake to take full advantage of every minute of the service. I have been known to fly LAX-SYD without so much as closing my eyes. I just can't stand to miss a thing. My traveling companions tend to think that I am crazy, so it is nice to know that there is someone else out there who does the same thing I do.

What a stellar TR! Much like your time in CX F, time spent reading your reports absolutely flies by. Many, many thanks for sharing this with us!

GRALISTAIR Mar 20, 2012 8:44 pm

All but the most irredeemably pragmatic old farts would surely have to agree that flying long distances in First Class aboard an airline of Cathay Pacific’s caliber must certainly rank as one of life’s great pleasures, right up there with good sex, good steak, good bourbon and good whatever it is that rocks your world. So what if I’ve been to South Africa each of the past two years? I’d fly to North Dakota in the dead of winter and find a way to enjoy it if it meant I were able to revel in a combined sixteen extra hours of Cathay Pacific’s First Class. Oh yeah… I got it bad…

I like your style!!

LN-FHU Mar 21, 2012 4:36 am

Fantastic

Another great TR...... Just one Word to describe it ; Fantastic :D