FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   Not For The Faint Hearted ~ 82 Flights and 87830 Miles of Mileage Running (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1317545-not-faint-hearted-82-flights-87830-miles-mileage-running.html)

Mwenenzi Mar 4, 2012 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by Seat 2A (Post 18134528)
.....I leave in three days.

For a long haul F trip ?

Originally Posted by rot8 (Post 18135059)
I haven't been on FT for a long time, but quickly found your latest report.,,,,,

Welcome back :)

Catweazle Mar 6, 2012 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Seat 2A (Post 18091220)
Thanks, catweazel! I use a simple Canon SD850i pocket camera. I don't know anything about photography but I'd like to think I do a decent job with picture composition. Really though, I honestly try to take a good picture. I can't imagine why some people here submit blurry or poorly composed pictures, but the fact is many trip reporters here at FlyerTalk do exactly that. I mean, it's hardly rocket science to photograph a plate of food or an airplane cabin. If the subject is something I know I'll want to use in a report, I'll usually take 3-4 pictures and select the best one. It all boils down to taking the time to do it as well as I can.

I'll have to look into that camera. But yes, you're right about blurry photos. If all mine are so blurry, I won't bother even poking a stick at them, and hope the words tell the story instead. But I do enjoy gazing at this one (if you don't mind): :D

http://i859.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/DSC_0041.jpg

stdatwmu Mar 6, 2012 10:30 am

Incredible report - wonderful prose with photos just as good to match. Spectacular mileage run, vacation, and report all rolled into one.

Thanks for sharing! ^

MaxSpeed Mar 7, 2012 3:35 pm

Still laughing at ...

"You never fail to disappoint" :D :D :D

Another great trip report 2A, well done! I am anxious to hear about how you are going to spend those miles.

Personally, I would prefer a longer 13 hour ride as opposed to the much shorter hops.

I have booked two of the infamous SIN runs. One trip is via DXB (yes, Dubai). One of them goes out via NRT and comes back thru SYD, which will put me on the 77L for 13+ hours. Maybe I will be singing a different tune then, who knows?

Keep up the good work. Hope you can get some more runs in before spring arrives!

jimmayz Mar 7, 2012 11:12 pm

Great trip report 2A! Thanks for writing, thoroughly enjoyed reading ALL of it!

jackal Mar 8, 2012 1:12 am

Incredibly excellent! I'm quite jealous I was not with you. Safe travels, friend! :)

kaysquare Mar 8, 2012 4:20 am

Amazing to read about this Seat 2A! I wouldn't have been able to book so many sectors almost all at one go and yet put myself to fly so many sectors in such a short time span!

Travel safe, and keep the TRs coming!

adampenrith Mar 9, 2012 2:39 am

As usual, an incredible TR always a pleasure.
Mazel Tov

HIDDY Mar 9, 2012 10:10 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 (Post 18128012)
Seat_2A, I finally had a little time today to read your amazing TR. OMG, I thought some of those AA January triple EQM runners were crazy, but this may top them all. What a fabulous read. Love the mix of flights and cities instead of the those boring back-to-back SFO-ORD roundtrips. And you always add of couple of those nostalgic train rides. Thanks for posting!

Indeed.....^^

I must admit I wouldn't normally make time read a domestic only trip report of such length but whenever I see a report from Seat 2A I just know it's not going to be an ordinary one.

A really super journey to be on without having to leave the comfort of my armchair and pot of coffee. :)

glennaa11 Mar 9, 2012 10:37 am

wow. I admire your dedication!

gba Mar 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Great report Seat 2A, I hope front cabin seats open up before your trip to Australia, keep checking!

AdamS Mar 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by gba (Post 18175713)
Great report Seat 2A, I hope front cabin seats open up before your trip to Australia, keep checking!

I think this post answers that question. Maybe we will see a trip report, hopefully! :)

hoyateach Mar 17, 2012 9:39 pm

A+, as usual. Well done, sir.

ThunderStorm00 Mar 19, 2012 6:43 pm

So What Was the Total Cost?

Hi Seat 2A,

Amazing Amazing Trip / MR Report!!! ^ :D

If you don't mind my asking, and in case I missed it somewhere -- What was the Total Cost of this MR???

Cheers!! :p

lighting Mar 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Just read this trip report and think you are absolutely mental. But good luck to you. :)

I do enjoy business class travel and iv'e worked hard to get it, but it's not essential to me and i certainly wouldn't ever consider something like a mile run (something i've only just found out exists). I also think that airport lounges have become, to an extent pointless if in a modern airport terminal (LHR T5) where you can quiet easily have a great meal, grab a beer in a comfy chair and people watch. Airline status to me is not something i cherish.

But good luck to all those who find it valuable and important. It would be a strange and boring world if we all liked and did the same things. :)