Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

EZE-FRA On Lufthansa With PTVs (Pics & HD Video)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M Silver, A6 M&B Gold, CX MP Silver, EK SW Silver

Hi all,

I am proud to introduce my new Trip Report documenting my recent flight from Buenos Aires Ezeiza International Airport (EZE) to Frankfurt (FRA) on Lufthansa. The flight was operated by a 747 with the new First Class and Economy interiors. I devoted a large part of the report to documenting the new Economy class cabin and seat.

The report is published in my "Trip Report 2.0" format and features over 70 high quality pictures and 14 minutes of HD Video footage.

Although it is not possible to leave comments directly in the report, I would love to hear your feedback and insights. Please post them here, in the Flyertalk thread.

I hope you enjoy the report!

Link to Trip Report 2.0: EZE-FRA on Lufthansa
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Wow, EXCELLENT review here! I enjoyed all the pictures of the new Y seat! It's been a while since I've been down to EZE as well. It looks like they have completed some very nice reservations! ^
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
I love your website, amazing ease navigating around it, nice layout and besides that.

Great Photography there!

Very nice writings and you did the Coach seat a lot of favour.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Fabulous report. Love the pictures and the writing. ^ The design and layout of your blog is appealing, engaging, and easy to navigate...supertoll!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
Thank you for this great report! ^
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
This is a flight I'd like to take. If I remember correctly, this is currently LH's longest non-stop flight, and it would be a good one to enjoy LH's F.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:45 pm

Great and very detailed report!!!
About EZE's Terminal C, let me tell you that even though it's supposed to be used exclusively by Aerolineas Argentinas, Austral, Air France and Alitalia, the company that manages the airport usually uses some of the gates in Terminal C for other companies' arrivals (especially while Terminal A has no available fingers) because Terminal A have lost 2 fingers due to the construction of the new terminal building that would connect terminals C and A. However, after the construction is completed, which is due in 2013, Skyteam will have exclusivity over the Check-in Hall North (former Terminal B), but not over the gates because the airside would be a whole building connecting Halls A, B and C (this last one domestic).
Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:04 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, FB Gold
Great trip report!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the good detail

How tall are you? It seemed like you had a lot of leg room
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Some views of the antiquated EZE.
To those not familiar with EZE your pictures actually make it look quite modern and far from antiquated.
EZE gets some bad publicity.....some of which is deserved but I've been in far worse major airports around the world than Ezeiza.

Great report. ^
Old Mar 6, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Solid report. I don't usually read reports about economy class but this looked great.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Great report...and attitude for spending 13 hours in Y!

Question...what kind of video camera did you use, which allowed you to film after "all electronics off"???
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! What a fabulous TR! I'm glad you had a great flight. Gosh! It's such a very long flight back to FRA. How many hours is that? Is that 12 or 13 hours? Is that good enough flying more than 12 hours? I'm sure you will very extremely tired. You need to do stretch the legs.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by oliverckhaas
Hi all,

I am proud to introduce my new Trip Report documenting my recent flight from Buenos Aires Ezeiza International Airport (EZE) to Frankfurt (FRA) on Lufthansa. The flight was operated by a 747 with the new First Class and Economy interiors. I devoted a large part of the report to documenting the new Economy class cabin and seat.

The report is published in my "Trip Report 2.0" format and features over 70 high quality pictures and 14 minutes of HD Video footage.

Although it is not possible to leave comments directly in the report, I would love to hear your feedback and insights. Please post them here, in the Flyertalk thread.

I hope you enjoy the report!

Link to Trip Report 2.0: EZE-FRA on Lufthansa
Pardon me for raising this thread from the dead. I just read your review on the LH flight from EZE to FRA (amazing job btw).
I am also looking to reserve a seat in the last three rows. Would you say there is enough space between the seat in front of you and the window so that you can stretch one leg out? I'm 6'4'', and always miss out on having a window seat on long haul flights because I don't want to be cramped up.
Thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 3:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerboy87
Pardon me for raising this thread from the dead. I just read your review on the LH flight from EZE to FRA (amazing job btw).
I am also looking to reserve a seat in the last three rows. Would you say there is enough space between the seat in front of you and the window so that you can stretch one leg out? I'm 6'4'', and always miss out on having a window seat on long haul flights because I don't want to be cramped up.
Thanks.
You might receive more response if you posted the question in the LH forum. As far as I can tell LH511 EZE-FRA is now operated by the 748i. The back of the Economy cabin has the same arrangement as on the 744 but unless you are in a higher booking class you will have to pay for advance seat reservation. You may like to consider paying extra (USD 115 instead of USD 35) to reserve an exit row seat to ensure more leg room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.