Japan Fall 2011 Trip report III: Dreamliner Boeing 787 Inaugural

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Japan Fall 2011 Trip report III: Dreamliner Boeing 787 Inaugural

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Thanks for all your hard work in putting this trip report together. I'm sure I speak for many when I say that we hope your next flight on a 787 will be much longer and more comfortable. ^^
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:27 pm
Suspended

VERY cool re. the window tint feature.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
This is a great photo report on the 787.^

I hope to book and fly the 787 in early 2012. Hope I will have an opportunity to also do a Photo Trip Report in this forum.
Good for you! ^^ Hope your trip was successful. You have a great first 787 flight. Enjoy the flight.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 2:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I'm jealous, I've never gotten a lemon on a flight before, not even in F!
Old Nov 13, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Smile

Thank you for doing this very nice trip report Carfield.

I hope you had fun on the flight, in spite of the things you did not like.

I fell in love with the 787 at first sight when she came to the Farnborough Air Show in 2010. She bent her wings left and right to say hi to us down below it was so cute!

I look forward to my flight on this beautiful aircraft, I will be on board the first flight to Frankfurt 21 January 2012.

I hope there will be more of a party atmosphere on the ground and up in the air for the first true long haul flight of this beautiful new aircraft. I am sure there will be many people waiting for the first 787 landing in Frankfurt when we arrive.

I have managed to get one of the 787 delivery scarves from Seattle which I will be wearing. Maybe I should bring lemons from the French/Italian Riviera to distribute to the flight deck crew before take-off with maybe a few packs of yummy Italian coffee.

I hope they will have the postcards, brochures, stickers, whatever goodies.

I tried to get me on board the HKG package flights as a accompanying traveller in the lottery with 3 Japanese friends without any success. I had my birthday on that inaugural day but wasn't ready to pay the $32,000 for that one Business seat on ebay like Gino Bertuccio.

Anyway... great trip report! Thank you very much!

Old Nov 19, 2011, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Carfield
Thanks for all the mostly kind comments!

However I don't anticipate all the lectures regarding the safety card issues.
I have deleted them from this trip report and will avoid comments on them in the future.

Carfield
Oh come on, let's be honest here. IMO, the "lectures" have nothing to do with the "safety card issues" you identified. Rather, they have to do with your theft of the safety card and your apparent pride in doing so, both of which ruined an otherwise acceptable TR.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: Underappreciated US CP, nobody status with everyone else.
I'm curious about the double armrests in the middle of the 4 across. I'm curious if there is sufficient space that it solves the jockeying for the armrest.
Old Nov 20, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Great report on the 787, I can't wait to try it out sometime, but I just don't know how much I could take in a 3-3-3 layout, 8 across seems like the perfect fit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.