Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Escape to Paris/Mt.St.Michel via LH/A380(PEK-FRA)/EuroStar(LHR-BRU)/Thayle(BRU-PAR)!

Escape to Paris/Mt.St.Michel via LH/A380(PEK-FRA)/EuroStar(LHR-BRU)/Thayle(BRU-PAR)!

Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I finally had the time today to leisurely view your TR. I really appreciate you posting these fabulous photographs. You certainly have an eye for the composition and the skill to capture the image.

In particular, I am always impressed by the photographs you take in airports. Perhaps I am too focused during my travels and spend too much time in the lounges. You never disappoint when finding an interesting slice of what is all to often kept in the background.

As a non-photographer, I am curious about any tweaking you may do to the images once they are captured. Beyond simple cropping, how much image adjustment do you end up performing to the files? Color corrections, touch-ups, etc.

Once again, thanks for sharing.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I finally had the time today to leisurely view your TR. I really appreciate you posting these fabulous photographs. You certainly have an eye for the composition and the skill to capture the image.

In particular, I am always impressed by the photographs you take in airports. Perhaps I am too focused during my travels and spend too much time in the lounges. You never disappoint when finding an interesting slice of what is all to often kept in the background.

As a non-photographer, I am curious about any tweaking you may do to the images once they are captured. Beyond simple cropping, how much image adjustment do you end up performing to the files? Color corrections, touch-ups, etc.

Once again, thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much for your comments. I appreciate them.

Regarding photo editing:

1. I don't have a lot of time to edit them, but I do the bare minimum by enhance the color, adding contrast, and inser the frame. Also, make some of them into black&white.
2. My employer is strict on using office computer, so I am unable to install any software onto the company issued notebook. All the editing are done using MS-Office Picture Manger ( very basic)
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FRA

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Dec 22, 2011 at 7:20 am
Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FRA-PEK

Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Final Words

This concludes my photo trip report on 1/2 day walking tour of Paris and one-day trip to Mt. St. Michel.

This has been a really tough year for me at home and work. Although the trip was short, it provided calmness and took me away from reality. There is also nothing better than visiting two of my favorite places with a good mate.

Selfishly, I am using photo trip reports to get rid of my boredom during my business trips and relieve my mental stress at work.

I take photos while traveling to give me something to look forward to during routine business trips. During my hectic work schedules, I take breaks to edit and post photos to the trip reports. Once a day, I take a 15-min window to edit and post photos, and that 15-min period is my oasis of the day.

I know my photo trip reports are long and take a while to finish, but they are not done on purpose. If I have a choice, I'd start and finish a report in days not weeks. However, if I don't start one, I’d never get to do one.

I appreciate the comments/feedbacks and hope my photos will provide you with ideas where to visit next time you visit the locations I have done a trip report.

I was hoping to do three more trip reports before 2012, but work schedule and unexpected events at home prevent me from working on these trip reports. I do still plan to start my next Trip Report in a few days on my recent *A RTW trip featuring my first visit to Australia....and I am looking to compile enough materials during my visits to Sweden, South Africa and Amsterdam for future trip reports in 2012.

I wish all FTers who frequently visit Trip Report Forum a wonderful holiday season and a successful 2012.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Dec 24, 2011 at 8:17 am
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:35 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Fantastic Photos!

The Paris photos brought me back so many memories of my trip to Paris in August. HAve you left on your trip to Aus yet? If not, and you are heading to BNE, shoot us a line... would love to hit the town for some photos with ya!
Old Dec 24, 2011, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by `X'
Fantastic Photos!

The Paris photos brought me back so many memories of my trip to Paris in August. HAve you left on your trip to Aus yet? If not, and you are heading to BNE, shoot us a line... would love to hit the town for some photos with ya!
Thanks for your comments. BTW, I love the RTW Trip Report you put together recently.

Regadring my trip to AUS, it had already taken place over three months ago. In fact, all my trip reports are done based on trips already taken (not in the future or during).

Yes, I did visit BNE (in fact it was my first ever trip to Australia). Wonderful city and took a lot of photos by the river. Photos from my BNE visit will be the main feature of my next Photo Trip Report coming up in a few days.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Dec 24, 2011 at 4:47 pm
Old Dec 24, 2011, 4:41 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
ah damn if i had of known!

And thanks... your TRs are the best to read/drool over.

Last edited by `X'; Dec 24, 2011 at 4:58 pm
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA_Flyer Happy new year. I hope its a good one.

I look forward to seeing more of your trips over the coming year.

I have really enjoyed this one. ^
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by origin
UA_Flyer Happy new year. I hope its a good one.

I look forward to seeing more of your trips over the coming year.

I have really enjoyed this one. ^
Thanks very much! Happy New Year to you as well!

I appreciate you frequently checking back and provide encouragement.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by luv_flying
There are people who are born to be a photographer....doesn't matter if you own a DSLR or iphone.....the photos will just work well on your hands ^
So true. We have a friend who takes the most extraordinary photos on his iPhone. Some people just seem to have an eye for photography, and others such as myself, sadly do not.

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
This has been a really tough year for me at home and work. . . . Selfishly, I am using photo trip reports to get rid of my boredom during my business trips and relieve my mental stress at work.
I am sorry to hear that 2011 was tough throughout, as I remember you alluded to a tough beginning to it in an earlier report. You've previously mentioned that you "selfishly" write the reports and yet you bring so many people pleasure by posting them to FT.

I think your photos are beautiful. I love how you are able to make the mundane look interesting.

I appreciate the comments/feedbacks and hope my photos will provide you with ideas where to visit next time you visit the locations I have done a trip report.
Absolutely! We travel to Europe annually to visit my parents, and your photos have given me plenty of ideas for side-trips once our son is older.

I am looking to compile enough materials during my visits to Sweden, South Africa and Amsterdam for future trip reports in 2012.
Sorry if I am being overly familiar, but you seem to cover a lot of countries in your travels, are they mostly for work? Also, have you ever tried to use UA SWU for C to F upgrades on LH?

I hope 2012 allows you more time at home. Happy New Year.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Jane,

Thanks for your comments and continue support to my photo trip reports. I hope you will soon put together a trip to the EU for your young family.

My kids are still talking about the Germany trips they took 18 months ago. I am planning another EU vacation trip for my kids in 2012.

Originally Posted by janehoya
Sorry if I am being overly familiar, but you seem to cover a lot of countries in your travels, are they mostly for work? Also, have you ever tried to use UA SWU for C to F upgrades on LH?
I travel mostly for work. Work trips account for about 85% of annual travel.

Regarding LH upgrade from C to F using SWU, I only upgrade using miles because I have to save at leat 16 SWUs for my family's annual travel between N. America and Asia.

My chance of upgrading from C to F has not been good. My LH travels are almost exclusively on EU-Asia routes, and F are usually full. Also, my tickets are usually not issued until a couple of days before the trips, so I lose out often to those who apply the upgrades before me. Hopefully I will have better lucks in 2012.

Happy new year to you!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 5:56 pm

Great pics! It's a shame that LH still doesn't have fully flat seats
Old Jan 21, 2012, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by harry0233
Great pics! It's a shame that LH still doesn't have fully flat seats
I agree. It is hard to sleep.

I usually set it at lounge chair position rather than 170 degree angle to get a better sleep.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.