Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa First Frankfurt to Dallas A340 with First Class Terminal Mercedes S550

Lufthansa First Frankfurt to Dallas A340 with First Class Terminal Mercedes S550

Old Oct 16, 11, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I flew from Frankfurt to Dallas this fall. I used my miles to get into LH first. It was easily booked about 6 months in advance to get the F availability.

The flight was easy, smooth was silk. I slept for 7 hours on this 10 hour flight. I purposefully chose a longer flight DFW instead of ORD or IAD so that I could sleep longer, and that strategy paid off. I was totally refreshed by landing time.

The food, service, and experience on LH F is just world-class. It really makes you feel like you're traveling in first class. Other airlines, you feel like it's "pseudo-first class", but not on LH. It's just a great experience.

I got to the FCT and made sure I got a Mercedes or Porsche this time. Last time, I got the mini-van, which sucked. That did not feel first class at all. I was alone in the sedan, so it felt very VIP-ish.

There was also so much food on the flight, there was no way that I could have finished everything. The amount of alcohol available in both the lounge & plane would have put me in a coma if I took advantage of all the opportunities. Overall, it was a great experience.

Again, the format is commercial-free and pop-up free video format:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HriX08sYqso

Here are some photos if you want to see what it was like:

wine by sfflyer123, on Flickr

chicken by sfflyer123, on Flickr

caviar service by sfflyer123, on Flickr

I hope you enjoy this trip report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HriX08sYqso

Thanks for watching!
Old Oct 16, 11, 11:17 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Amazing report!!!!!
Old Oct 16, 11, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
As usual a fantastic report SFflyer123 ^

I laughed out loud when you edited the 343's takeoff roll....hilarious!
Old Oct 16, 11, 11:49 am

Cute report.

"Coke Lite" is the term used for "Diet Coke" just about everywhere outside of the USA, not just in Germany.

Cheers
Old Oct 16, 11, 12:06 pm
Community Director

Fun video. Shame about the duck. Do you know how often LH rotates its menu?
Old Oct 16, 11, 12:17 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Very nice TR!
Old Oct 16, 11, 4:16 pm

Great report. I really enjoyed the video.
Old Oct 16, 11, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G
Great TR SFflyer123! Always love your videos.
Is there a reason you didn't just bypass the main terminal and check in at the FCT? Were you connecting from somewhere?
Old Oct 16, 11, 5:17 pm

Thumbs up

Another great TR, SFflyer123

It looks like we both had the same menu ...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riRgReGxuhA
Old Oct 16, 11, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
Great TR SFflyer123! Always love your videos.
Is there a reason you didn't just bypass the main terminal and check in at the FCT? Were you connecting from somewhere?

The SFO-based FTers seem to write the best trip reports.

The first class check-in area in the main terminal seemed rather large. I would suspect most people would use the FCT if they can. Are there certain groups of people that can use the first class check-in, but not the terminal?
Old Oct 16, 11, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
Great report! Thanks for the pics and video.
Old Oct 16, 11, 10:19 pm

It's funny to think only ten yrs ago, trip reports were only beginning to be documented with pictures. NOW, trip reports are becoming video formatted. It's just like being a passenger. I will refer to your trip reports to prepare for my LH F trip in December...KIX-FRA-MUC-IAD. I can't wait. Thanks again for sharing.
Old Oct 16, 11, 11:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Thanks, I enjoyed your videos on youtube. I noticed you had a video where you flew Business Class on Lufthansa out of SFO and they weighed your carry on baggage. Did you need to put your carry on in one of their sizers as well? I'm flying out of SFO to MUC next month in first class. On my last trip (DEN to FRA) my carry on didn't fit in Lufthansa's carry on sizer at the DEN gate. Lucky for me they didn't check the carry baggage for 1st & Busines class passengers. Was wondering if SFO is the same.
Old Oct 16, 11, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm, TP Gold *G
Originally Posted by Uh Clem View Post
Thanks, I enjoyed your videos on youtube. I noticed you had a video where you flew Business Class on Lufthansa out of SFO and they weighed your carry on baggage. Did you need to put your carry on in one of their sizers as well? I'm flying out of SFO to MUC next month in first class. On my last trip (DEN to FRA) my carry on didn't fit in Lufthansa's carry on sizer at the DEN gate. Lucky for me they didn't check the carry baggage for 1st & Busines class passengers. Was wondering if SFO is the same.
In a half dozen LH First departures x-SFO in the past couple of years, I have never had any LH check-in or gate agent even look at my carry-ons let alone weigh or size them. Perhaps LH uses contract employees in DEN or UA employees who are used to providing a totally different level of "service".
Old Oct 17, 11, 1:00 am

Programs: PC PLT AMB, AA PLT
Great TR^^^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: