Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Around the world in Y: Summer vacation with 2 little kids

Old Sep 19, 11, 11:04 am
Original Poster

This is my first trip report here, and I would have loved for it to be a report about traveling in first class with some amazing airline. But I travel mainly with two little kids (ages 3 and 6), and I live in Minneapolis, so I travel in Y with Delta.

Several months back, my husband and I looked at our calendars and realized we had a surplus of vacation time coming up (about 8 weeks). We hadnít been on a long vacation somewhere exotic for several years (we did take a baby to Hawaii once). We had spent far too many vacations repainting bathrooms and cleaning out the basement. We decided for once to take advantage of our time off and do something worthwhile. We started planning a trip that would maximize our time away from home and minimize our jet lag.

Weíve been flying for years Ė I even have status on Delta! Ė so I am not sure why it never occurred to us to look for any deals or segments in business to make the trip more pleasant or lucrative. On the bright side, our kids donít take up much room on the plane, so it wasnít awful and crowded.
Our route took us from MSP to BKK via Narita, to CCU and onward to DEL, then to ARN, OSL and CPH via Paris.

I hadnít read any trip reports before I left so I have no pictures or descriptions of our delectable Y meals or exalted Delta in flight entertainment systems; I canít even tell you what types of planes we took, because other than a 747 I couldnít identify one if my life depended on it.

The most common question we got when we told our friends and family about this trip was, "are you high?" These are people who know our kids. It was a memorable trip.

Search this Thread