Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New York & Chicago - 30th Birthday Celebration

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Cracking TR Euan ^^^

Been looking at over the past few days. Many thanks for posting your experiences and taking the time to write/compile. I agree with your comment re the leg rest on NF. Seems like someone didn't think that one fully through.

Pete
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Great Trip Report and very nice pictures of the cabins.

I'm curious as to why BA didn't install the IFE on the 318 like what is offered on new F, which looks very nice.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ung1
Great Trip Report and very nice pictures of the cabins.
Thank you - not always the best results with an iPhone.

Originally Posted by ung1
I'm curious as to why BA didn't install the IFE on the 318 like what is offered on new F, which looks very nice.
I believe it's due to weight issues of a normal IFE system.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PETER01
Cracking TR Euan ^^^
Thank you, pleased you enjoyed reading it.

Originally Posted by PETER01
Been looking at over the past few days. Many thanks for posting your experiences and taking the time to write/compile. I agree with your comment re the leg rest on NF. Seems like someone didn't think that one fully through.
Yes it's the one biggest complaint I've got about the seat.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Thanks for your report !

Normally I am a *A person and wouldn't really care for anything but *A carriers, but I totally love your report flying across the Atlantic on the 318 with BA. I truly enjoyed your Amtrak report as well, it is something quite rare here. I would have thought base on the distance, it would only cover one meal. It seems both dinner and breakfast are not that bad at all on Amtrak. How much was it for your Amtrak trip ?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Thanks for your report !
You're welcome

Normally I am a *A person and wouldn't really care for anything but *A carriers, but I totally love your report flying across the Atlantic on the 318 with BA.
It is something totally unique. As I say, other airlines offer all business layouts but nothing on something as small as the A318 and nothing which offers pre-immigration clearance.

I truly enjoyed your Amtrak report as well, it is something quite rare here. I would have thought base on the distance, it would only cover one meal. It seems both dinner and breakfast are not that bad at all on Amtrak. How much was it for your Amtrak trip ?
The Amtrak trip was $360 for the two of us. $86 each for our coach ticket and $188 for the roomette upgrade.

The meals were not bad at all, steak very very edible and the french toast pretty good first thing in the morning. No complaints given it was included in the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.