Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

My First First! - BA First Class, Sydney to UK Return (& Paris, Ireland, Bangkok)

My First First! - BA First Class, Sydney to UK Return (& Paris, Ireland, Bangkok)

Old Mar 10, 2012, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
A bottle of Dom Perignon 2002 is in the post, or would Sir prefer Krug or Tattinger CdC?

Oh and by the way, what about English and Italian cheeses?
Old Mar 10, 2012, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by matthandy

The food was great and I watched an episode of Glee whilst I enjoyed my rather indulgent late lunch.
Yah! A fellow Gleek I hope! ^
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Yah! A fellow Gleek I hope! ^
Oh yes, although it's a bit difficult to keep up over here in Sydney, as they keep chopping and changing the schedule. I think I'm about 4 episodes behind with the 3rd series.

I have to point out that this report is the joint winner of the BA Board Trip Report of the Year 2011 competition, my second win in a row!
Old Mar 12, 2012, 5:33 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by matthandy
Oh yes, although it's a bit difficult to keep up over here in Sydney, as they keep chopping and changing the schedule. I think I'm about 4 episodes behind with the 3rd series.

I have to point out that this report is the joint winner of the BA Board Trip Report of the Year 2011 competition, my second win in a row!
Congratulations on the win matthandy it is well deserved.

S3 of Glee is doing nothing for me, although only up to E4 in NZ.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
I was just re-reading your report from BKK. Did you find 64K had any light pollution from the gallery? It's a bit wierd the service would start of excellent and then suddenly have a rude man serving you! the breakfast does look dispappointing, I'm certainly worried about that on my next flight so might have to pack my own food. i cant believe they dont do scrambled eggs, waffles or yogurt!

Last edited by GodAtum; Mar 13, 2012 at 6:33 am
Old Mar 14, 2012, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Congratulations on the win matthandy it is well deserved.
Thanks Blackcloud!

Originally Posted by GodAtum
I was just re-reading your report from BKK. Did you find 64K had any light pollution from the gallery?
You do get a bit, but with your head down and a eye mask, there's no issue at all. I wouldn't hesitate to choose that seat again. The only time that I might choose something like 60A is on a short overnight flight, where it's better to be served first to maximise sleep.

The issue with the service was that we had a fantastic lady doing most of the service with a grumpy guy doing the secondary bits (offering bread etc.). They were like chalk and cheese.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond
matthandy, I've had this thread open on my laptop this afternoon and (with a few breaks) it has kept me entertained for a good few hours. I'm a long time VS flyer but recently flew BA WT+ with work and have booked myself BA F flights to SFO from LHR next year. I stumbled upon this while searching for information about CCR and the F product.

Great photography and a fantastic writing style - I've pretty much felt like I'm there with you! Thanks for sharing!

I've only read a handful of other trip reports being a fairly new member, I have a feeling any more I stumble upon now have a lot to live up to. I'll make a point of keeping an eye open for yours!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PeterNem
Great photography and a fantastic writing style - I've pretty much felt like I'm there with you! Thanks for sharing!

I've only read a handful of other trip reports being a fairly new member, I have a feeling any more I stumble upon now have a lot to live up to. I'll make a point of keeping an eye open for yours!
Thanks PeterNem, I'm glad that you enjoyed it!
Old Sep 14, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC bronze, BA amex +
Just stumbled upon this, what a great read! Thanks matthandy
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Wow what an interesting and fantastic read. Glad I stumbled across this. I have my first First back from LA next month - and then a combination of Club and First to Syd in April.

Also awesome pictures. Thanks again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.