Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ON THE ROAD AGAIN: From The Bottom of Africa to The Top of Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Seat 2A, you are amazing ^

I really enjoyed it, every time TR of you is an inspiration for new vacations. :-:

Thanks for sharing^
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
As always, great trip report, Seat2A!!!

I love train travel as well! I just took Amtrak's Downeaster from Portland, Maine to Boston for only $19.00. What a great 2.5 hours!!

I enjoy all your TRs and look forward to the next!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:26 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CMK10
You are considered something of an expert in this forum and your reports are as close to the Gold Standard as they come...
Couldn't agree more. You are THE Gold standard. Amazing writing and ability to completely immerse the reader in your journey. Find a publisher. Quickly.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by eightblack
Couldn't agree more. You are THE Gold standard. Amazing writing and ability to completely immerse the reader in your journey. Find a publisher. Quickly.
^^
I finally had some time this morning to catch up. Seat 2A, what a fabulous TR, great balance of information and humor with wonderful pics. Hands down, the most diverse range of airlines, destinations and experiences. Thanks for bringing back memories of those wonderful CX First Class flights. But I still can't figure out how you can get those exterior plane pics.

Really enjoyed the Amtrak part. I love train travel but every time I suggest one other than a few hour TGV or Eurostar, Mrs. SFO won't have any part of it. Oh well, maybe my next wife. Just kidding dear. Thanks for a great TR!!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by eightblack
Find a publisher. Quickly.
I've written an article about flying First Class on Cathay Pacific that will be featured in the August edition of Airways Magazine. It is based upon my flight covered here between Johannesburg and Hong Kong, though there are a couple of small changes. For example, to better describe Cathay's First Class for Airways readers, in the article I woke up in time to describe the breakfast service prior to landing in Hong Kong.

I've seen an advance edition of the August issue. The article looks good, with lots of nicely placed pictures that you'll recognize from this report. Unless you're a subscriber, the August issue of Airways should be available at any decent magazine shop starting next week.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Jun 20, 2011 at 7:57 pm
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I've written an article about flying First Class on Cathay Pacific that will be featured in the August edition of Airways Magazine. It is based upon my flight covered here between Johannesburg and Hong Kong, though there are a couple of small changes. For example, to better describe Cathay's First Class for Airways readers, in the article I woke up in time to describe the breakfast service prior to landing in Hong Kong.

I've seen an advance edition of the August issue. The article looks good, with lots of nicely placed pictures that you'll recognize from this report. Unless you're a subscriber, the August issue of Airways should be available at any decent magazine shop starting next week.
Very cool ^ I'll try to find a copy in Australia.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Always very much enjoy reading your trip reports Seat 2A and this one didn't disappoint.
I especially like the mix of travel by air by road as well as by train. Your excellent pictures just add to it.

Long may your travels continue.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:13 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold

and now i have something to hunt down in LAX next week during a layover
Old Jun 20, 2011, 4:37 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
Thanks for taking the time to put these reports together! ^

I've been reading your stuff for years, and it always inspires me to take a break and find some time to travel.

Looking forward to reading about your next adventure!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite

I just got my issue last night, so the first thing I did was go to check out Seat 2A's article. Great job! ^
Old Jun 25, 2011, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I stand corrected. My article will be on the newstands as of June 30th.

Airways Magazine - August 2011 Edition
Old Jun 25, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
I stand corrected. My article will be on the newstands as of June 30th.

Airways Magazine - August 2011 Edition

already got in the email, sounded very familiar when I read it - nice job seat2A^
Old Sep 10, 2011, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Awesome report (as always). Next time you think of booking, be sure to call me. I'm going with you.

One note: the photo taxiing into BRW didn't code properly, and the image link is broken. You can still click on it and view the picture, so perhaps there is a typo in the [IMG] tag?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.