FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   CX 77A Crew Rest (not exactly a TR, I guess) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1198927-cx-77a-crew-rest-not-exactly-tr-i-guess.html)

Dr. HFH Mar 27, 2011 10:33 am

CX 77A Crew Rest (not exactly a TR, I guess)

In the past, there's been some publicity (not all of it G rated) about the crew rest area on CX. CX responded by reinforcing to cabin crew that pax are not allowed in the crew rest area under any circumstances. With the assistance of a very sweet cabin crew member, I was able to visit this facility on a 77A flight last year. It's above the F cabin, access is by a stairway behind a folding door on the left aisle just in front of seat 1D, or just opposite and slightly to the right of door 1L as you enter the aircraft. You climb the stairs and enter the crew rest area in the front, these photos are looking towards the back of the plane. Thought this might be of general interest. Note the old style reading light, air vent and F/A call button above the seats.

FlyingDoctorwu Mar 27, 2011 11:09 am

Wow thanks for that inside view... is that the pilots crew rest or FA?

FDW

PS: It kind of looks like Lufthansa's new 747 FC.. sorry just had to..

snod08 Mar 27, 2011 11:17 am

The two beds in the back seem like they would be difficult to get in to and out of??

WillTravel4Food Mar 27, 2011 11:23 am

Sorry to say, I'm much more curious to hear the non-G-Rated stories.:D I bet that would be challenging to make tactful and hilarious.

ckpeter Mar 27, 2011 12:59 pm

Thank you for the photos. I have always wondered what the crew rest area look like (and also how tall the ceilings can be).

YYZC2 Mar 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu (Post 16110212)

I've been in a few rest areas on late model 777s, and if CX is like most, the forward area is generally reserved for the flight crew. There is another, larger area near the tail for the IFS crew.

N830MH Mar 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu (Post 16110212)

FDW

PS: It kind of looks like Lufthansa's new 747 FC.. sorry just had to..

Actually, it was only for FA and not an pilots.

cmn.jcs Mar 27, 2011 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2 (Post 16111169)
I've been in a few rest areas on late model 777s, and if CX is like most, the forward area is generally reserved for the flight crew. There is another, larger area near the tail for the IFS crew.

Is the rest are for the IFS crew on the 777 in the cargo hold, or is it above the cabin too?

N830MH Mar 28, 2011 2:02 am

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs (Post 16111304)
Is the rest are for the IFS crew on the 777 in the cargo hold, or is it above the cabin too?

Apparently, yes it is and it is above of the economy class sections. Where you stand in mid-cabin and you can see further left side the mid-gallery in economy class.

Genius1 Mar 28, 2011 2:53 am

Interesting pics ^

Dr. HFH Mar 28, 2011 5:19 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16110258)
The two beds in the back seem like they would be difficult to get in to and out of??

You may be able to tell from the first two shots that the ceiling is fairly low. IIRC you can stand, but just barely, and not if you're tall.

Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food (Post 16110290)
Sorry to say, I'm much more curious to hear the non-G-Rated stories.:D I bet that would be challenging to make tactful and hilarious.

A couple which had just been married persuaded cabin crew to allow them to consummate the marriage in the crew rest area. I think that there was some discussion here on FT at the time.

PresRDC Mar 28, 2011 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 16114000)
A couple which had just been married persuaded cabin crew to allow them to consummate the marriage in the crew rest area. I think that there was some discussion here on FT at the time.

It was almost certainly a fabrication posted by an ex-FTer with a known history of fabricating trip reports.

Dr. HFH Mar 28, 2011 7:18 am

Originally Posted by PresRDC (Post 16114289)
It was almost certainly a fabrication posted by an ex-FTer with a known history of fabricating trip reports.

FWIW, I did see it on FT; however, on one of the flights when I (unsuccessfully) tried to get upstairs, one of the cabin crew I spoke with also made a reference to the incident unprompted by me. That's actually how I knew that CX had sent a notice to cabin crew on this issue.

seanthepilot Mar 28, 2011 8:42 am

Great pics and neat insight. Thanks for the post Dr.

camsean Mar 29, 2011 2:44 am

Interesting pics. thanks for posting.

Looks claustrophobic to me. I'll take Y thanks.