Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

GRU-CWB-ASU-EZE-MIA-EZE-AEP-GRU on Gol and Aerolineas Argentinas

Old Mar 19, 11, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAA Voyager Platinum, LifeMiles Diamond, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold, Tsogo Sun Director

So here I am, I guess the weird itineraries that I get are starting to make me love writing this kind of report, at first, I thought that writing a report for whY traveling, was not worth it, but I noticed that whY traveling/no status, is more of a real world thing.

Background

It is carnival in Brazil so the fares were extremely high, imagine what would happen to my travel budget if I buy a US$2.000 discounted Y ticket. So I called my boss and asked if I really had to go there that week, and he said yes because a couple clients would be there only that week bla bla bla.

So I decided to start searching for some cheap stuff, as I want to get all the biz tickets I can later in the year, when I start to get tired. After searching all the carriers in the world I had an itinerary EZE-MIA-EZE-AEP-GRU on Aerolineas booked with a FLN-MVD-EZE ticket from BQB and a bus ticket from GRU to FLN, but that looked to confusing and I wanted at least a couple segments to log into ANY of my rewards program. So I searched Gol and they came up with the worst way to get from GRU to EZE, but at least that would get me miles and less problems, as having a trip based on two air tickets and one ground ticket in a big holiday in Brazil sounded pretty risky.

After this TR you will understand why I will never fly whY with no status in ANY carrier again.

Please remember, I LOVE to get feedback from the stuff I write and I am willing to clarify anything, as well as learn from you guys.

More to come soon (maybe today)

cmte_valle,
Old Mar 19, 11, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAA Voyager Platinum, LifeMiles Diamond, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold, Tsogo Sun Director
reserved for GRU-CWB-ASU-EZE
Old Mar 19, 11, 8:51 am
Original Poster

reserved for EZE-MIA
Old Mar 19, 11, 8:52 am
Original Poster

reserved for MIA-EZE
Old Mar 19, 11, 8:53 am
Original Poster

reserved for AEP-GRU
Old Mar 19, 11, 8:55 am
Original Poster

reserved for final comments and considerations
Old Apr 4, 11, 2:49 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWS (Plat Pro), EY Silver (compted), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cmte_valle View Post
More to come soon (maybe today)

cmte_valle,
So we have April 4 today and still no updates from you

Search this Thread
Search Engine: