Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

LHR-DFW-IAH in F; IAH-LHR in CW + Carnival Conquest Cruise

LHR-DFW-IAH in F; IAH-LHR in CW + Carnival Conquest Cruise

Old Mar 21, 11, 1:19 pm

Terrible to have to go through so much stress. Enjoyed your report.

BA Awards are very expensive. That's why I don't like their Frequent Flyer program and use it on other airlines. How much in taxes and fuel surcharges did you have to pay?

BA seems a lot more generous regarding delayed / lost baggage. Air Canada give peanuts. But maybe they were nice to you because you were in F.
What is a "respite home?"
Old Mar 21, 11, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by matthandy View Post
Thanks for this botham, very enjoyable.

When is the rest going to be posted?
Am I missing something? I thought I had completed the report, unless you refer to what BA might be doing about their cock-up.

Maybe I should have included the return flight, rather than finishing at IAH, but I was quite tired and perhaps the man sitting opposite me and constantly staring at me, put me off, so much so that as soon as I worked out where the button was I raised the screen!

Originally Posted by firstclasslad View Post
Man - it appears you stayed in such good spirits throughout all of the issues you faced. I rarely say this but that was an enjoyable TR!
Thank you so much for your kind words.

Originally Posted by Bretteee View Post
Terrible to have to go through so much stress. Enjoyed your report.

BA Awards are very expensive. That's why I don't like their Frequent Flyer program and use it on other airlines. How much in taxes and fuel surcharges did you have to pay? We paid about 350 each

BA seems a lot more generous regarding delayed / lost baggage. Air Canada give peanuts. But maybe they were nice to you because you were in F.
What is a "respite home?"
A respite home is where she can be cared for after being considered well enough to leave hospital, but not well enough to be independent at home.

Other circumstances include those going into a home for a short period, to enable their carer to recharge their batteries.

Last edited by botham; Mar 21, 11 at 5:09 pm Reason: Addition
Old Mar 21, 11, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by botham View Post
Maybe I should have included the return flight, rather than finishing at IAH, but I was quite tired and perhaps the man sitting opposite me and constantly staring at me, put me off, so much so that as soon as I worked out where the button was I raised the screen!
Sorry, not trying to be funny, it's just that I was expecting a report on the IAH-LHR flight in CW. Your report ends in the lounge. No probs.
Old Mar 22, 11, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by matthandy View Post
Sorry, not trying to be funny, it's just that I was expecting a report on the IAH-LHR flight in CW. Your report ends in the lounge. No probs.
In retrospect my report should definitely have included the return flight. I guess I thought once the cruise had ended and we'd left the comfort of the lounge, that it was quite stressful being in a completely full aircraft and I was more concerned about getting back home and how my business was doing. Apart from these excuses I really don't know why I didn't report on the inbound experience.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: