Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Paris to USA/Dublin Picture Trip Report

Old Mar 11, 11, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Check out my trip report if you have a moment: http://travelmilesluxury.blogspot.co...ip-report.html

Let me know what you think.
Old Mar 11, 11, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Very nice. Thanks for your report.

How was service on your US Airways flights? AVOD? Seat pitch?
Old Mar 11, 11, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX View Post

How was service on your US Airways flights? AVOD? Seat pitch?
The service was decent. The FAs were all very nice and accommodating. However, I didn't like their uniforms. They were all dressed in US Airways branded sweat suits, not really professional imo.

My trans-con flights were serviced by a really old plane. It had a few monitors, which I could hardly see from my seat. They showed one of my favorite movies, Sideways, which I thought was odd since it came out in 2004. Seems like they usually just show movies that haven't been released on DVD yet.

Seat pitch was neither the best nor worse I've had, about average.
Old Mar 11, 11, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
What happened of you that you went through at security in DUB? You should have placed the peanut butter into checked bags. You can't have it onboard the aircraft. Next time if you put the peanuts butter into checked the bags. If you have more than 3.4oz that mean you can't get in the aircraft. This is not real specific time at all. You have followed the 3-1-1 liquid policy. Hope you will learned more lessons for next time. You have obey the rules. You don't want to get into trouble with security for next future trip.
Old Mar 11, 11, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
What happened of you that you went through at security in DUB? You should have placed the peanut butter into checked bags. You can't have it onboard the aircraft. Next time if you put the peanuts butter into checked the bags. If you have more than 3.4oz that mean you can't get in the aircraft. This is not real specific time at all. You have followed the 3-1-1 liquid policy. Hope you will learned more lessons for next time. You have obey the rules. You don't want to get into trouble with security for next future trip.
I took a flight from PHL - DUB on US. Checked the peanut butter on that flight. Then I stopped in Dublin for a night. Then I took a completely different airline, Aer Lingus, and would have had to pay $25 to check my bag to CDG. That's not worth $5 worth of peanut butter.
Old Mar 11, 11, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by blr1222 View Post
I took a flight from PHL - DUB on US. Checked the peanut butter on that flight. Then I stopped in Dublin for a night. Then I took a completely different airline, Aer Lingus, and would have had to pay $25 to check my bag to CDG. That's not worth $5 worth of peanut butter.
You should consider to take on AF or UA nonstop CDG-IAD is a easier way and you won't be necessary to stopover in DUB. This is not real specific time at all. Next time if you fly from DEN-IAD-CDG or DEN-PHL-CDG is a easier way to save the time.
Old Mar 12, 11, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
You should consider to take on AF or UA nonstop CDG-IAD is a easier way and you won't be necessary to stopover in DUB. This is not real specific time at all. Next time if you fly from DEN-IAD-CDG or DEN-PHL-CDG is a easier way to save the time.
Yes, but you have to remember, I'm poor. I saved about $350 by doing these flights. Plus, I got to experience some new cities and have a bit of an adventure.
Old Mar 12, 11, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by blr1222 View Post
Yes, but you have to remember, I'm poor. I saved about $350 by doing these flights. Plus, I got to experience some new cities and have a bit of an adventure.
Now that's the Flyertalk way! Don't ever let anyone try to convince you to take fewer flights...more flights + more miles = more fun! And savings!

Let me also add that I enjoyed your pictures and your sense of humor. Though I'm saddened you can't find peanut butter (my favorite food) in France. If you ever need some FedExed to you, just let me know.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: