Hot Sauce. Bathrooms. And Me.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Sauce. Bathrooms. And Me.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:38 pm

Thumbs up

Better late than never on reading this one....LMAO like never before!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Enjoy his other reports. They're good reads.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 2:23 am

Programs: Qantas frequent flyer, Enrich Silver & HHonours
Cool

Originally Posted by SQ421
The only place in Australia that I've come across a stubby of Fosters, is a chinese restaurant in suburban wagga-wagga...

Outside Australia though, I've seen locals happily consume what the apparently consider "Australian for Beer"; in BOM, HYD, DEL, LAX, SJC, PDX as well as on Singapore Airlines!!!

I have heard, and never been able to confirm, that what's sold as Fosters outside Australia is the same thing that we drink from bottles labeled "Crown Lager" in Australia.

For me, its Coopers Pale Ale, all the way. Though more recently, I've also discovered Fat Yak Pale Ale and Bulmers Cider.
It`s true crown lager is fosters with extra caramel colouring. As for myself I prefer Coopers sparkling ^
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SQ421
..Outside Australia though, I've seen locals happily consume what the apparently consider "Australian for Beer"; in BOM, HYD, DEL, LAX, SJC, PDX as well as on Singapore Airlines!!!

I have heard, and never been able to confirm, that what's sold as Fosters outside Australia is the same thing that we drink from bottles labeled "Crown Lager" in Australia..
Originally Posted by wainza1
It`s true crown lager is fosters with extra caramel colouring....)
Outside of Australia Foster's is brewed under licence by various brewers. IIRC Foster's now do not own breweries out of Australia.
In Aust been told by someone who should know (as he knows his way around Abbottsford) Crown is Foster's to a tighter specification.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: HHonors - Diamond, AA - EXP
Talking

Probably not a great idea to read an Eightblack TR 2 hours after surgery in an area the surgeons knife really has no place being! The laughter will not have helped the healing process!

A great read, again. Now to find more of your TR's!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA, AA, VS, SQ, AS
Yes, better late than never on reading this one.... thanks eightblack!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
eightblack just read your OP.
Come down to ORD, I have a bottle of Dave's Insanity in the fridge. I grew up on HOT food, (my average meal is a year's supply of hot peppers for an American !).
After I had mixed the first teaspoon in my food, I cried, tried a few antidoes (salt, yougurt etc). Wife wanted to throw it away. No way. Precious stuff.
We have guests for dinner...one macho guy tells me my regular meal is not hot, what do I have to make it hotter ? Wife says NOT to bring it out. I do. I issue a disclaimer and ask him first to try it on the tip of a toothpick. He is still macho man...adds two TSp. Others are now curious as to how hot is it...so wife says just bring the bottle and just SNIFF it. Third person is a 26 y/o woman. She takes barely a whiff, does not touch it. In minutes her lips are swelling. Luckily there are two doctors at the table ( we always have a doctor around, even on cruises). Asks me to get some antihistamines from the drug store. Problem solved. Wife still wants to throw it away. NO WAY.

But now I issue an invitation eightbalck . Come down, I have discovered another sauce made with peppers called " Bhoot Jolakia from Estern State (Aasam) in India.
This stuff is watered down to 25 % of its potency.
To get a reference a jalapeno is 2500 Scovile Units (measure of hotness(. The new pepper is more than TWO Million Scovile !

Kid you not, Indian Army is doing R & D to make a hand grenade out of it.

So fly thru ORD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.