Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Re-creating a photo - To New York with UA, BA and WW.

Re-creating a photo - To New York with UA, BA and WW.

Old Feb 21, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Haha.. awesome trip report. I was waiting for that picture the whole way through. Looks great on a canvas!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Originally Posted by OttoMH
Haha.. awesome trip report. I was waiting for that picture the whole way through. Looks great on a canvas!
Thanks OttoMH. Gotta admit from where I am on the sofa (and it's diagonally above me), it's one of the better prints I've ever knocked out.

Glad you liked the trip report
Old Feb 21, 2011, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Kevincm
I do buy and collect the models still. I like to have a collection of aircraft that I've stepped on in my flat. It was paid for and a nasty 8 at that for a very small model. It's the thought that counts....
Very nice! I'm glad you have a great trip to NYC. You didn't take on BA/AA/DL/VS nonstop from LHR-JFK? You won't be necessary to flying one-stop in IAD. Because it was too long lines wait for immigrations checkpoints. You won't be good enough at all. JFK is a best time that you have flying from LHR-JFK-LHR or perhaps...if you want to take on LH from JFK-FRA-LCY. Whether you decide to choosing which a best airlines. I knows exactly what are you doing in IAD. Because Dulles Airport is too extremely overcrowded waits to get through at TSA checkpoints.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Absoultely fantastic TR....it is probably my favorite TR of all the excellent reports you have done in this forum!

Love the New York photo shot!!

I am novice on photo editing software and techniques. If you don't mind, could you tell me what software you use?

I have a couple of UK trips coming up this year, and I'd love to catch up with you to learn photo tips from you.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
Very nice! I'm glad you have a great trip to NYC. You didn't take on BA/AA/DL/VS nonstop from LHR-JFK? You won't be necessary to flying one-stop in IAD. Because it was too long lines wait for immigrations checkpoints. You won't be good enough at all. JFK is a best time that you have flying from LHR-JFK-LHR or perhaps...if you want to take on LH from JFK-FRA-LCY. Whether you decide to choosing which a best airlines. I knows exactly what are you doing in IAD. Because Dulles Airport is too extremely overcrowded waits to get through at TSA checkpoints.
Oh I knew the risk of Dulles N830MH - all to well. This was a mistake fare that I grabbed and decided to mile for every mile I could get out of it.

When you can get 1600 miles for an extra $3, it's kind of hard to say no

This turned into mileage run material because of 1) the cost and 2) the benfit of the tag on legs. Positioning in and out was pretty good fun to be honest, and it's just the risk of any mileage run. The fact that I wrapped this up in a photo is besides the point

And besides - where are the fun in Non-stops? No room for mistakes happening, things that go bump in the night and missed connections.

Thanks N830MH

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Absoultely fantastic TR....it is probably my favorite TR of all the excellent reports you have done in this forum!
I'm glad you enjoyed it UA_Flyer. I spent a bit more time on looking outside than looking inside. The fact that I had excellent crews for all might flights helped me write this report positivity (unlike the mess that was Vancouver).

Love the New York photo shot!!
Thanks again - you don't know HOW many images I took to get to that point!

I am novice on photo editing software and techniques. If you don't mind, could you tell me what software you use?
For this job I used Adobe Lightroom 3.0 to manage my image library (as well as to sort, organise, and pre-flight the images), and I used GIMP to do the layers in. I'm sure you can use Photoshop with Adobe Bridge more effectively to get a quicker result.

Lightroom has a lot of the developing stuff built in these days, so it makes my job easier when pre-flighting at checking images out, so I'd rather do my adjustments there, then send it out to another package for editing purposes.

I have a couple of UK trips coming up this year, and I'd love to catch up with you to learn photo tips from you.
Just shout. I've been told off for taking too little time off last year, and will probably be told the same again this year.

Thanks UA_Flyer
Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: BA
An excellent report as usual with the added element of learning a little more about playing with digital images.

Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'm not one normally for praise, but I rather liked this, especially the final image - nice job!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by baggageinhall
An excellent report as usual with the added element of learning a little more about playing with digital images.

Thanks.
Thanks baggageinhall. I thought it would be different to the usual report, but to actually take people through the creative process as well.

Because even the One-Time Exceptions are starting to age now

Originally Posted by AussieDreaming
I'm not one normally for praise, but I rather liked this, especially the final image - nice job!
Glad you liked the final image AussieDreaming, and glad you enjoyed the report.

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Great trip report--and I like the photo transformation tutorial. That's very cool.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Glad you liked both parts MatthewLAX. Proves I can do something more than write and take the occasional photo

Thanks ^
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta 3MM/PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Nice trip report and very kind of you to take the time to share the editing process!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Glad you enjoyed JoelA.

And as a thankyou to all, here's anohter picture I've been working on the quiet - a reimage of the ERJ-170 shot at LCY.

Image (c) Kevin Marshall 2011, British Airways Chatham Dockyard tailfin design, (c) British Airways/International Airlines Group
Electronic reproduction permitted for personal use only

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.