Wiki Posts
Search

LH F MUC-SFO: Lufthansa First Class A340 Munich to San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
LH F MUC-SFO: Lufthansa First Class A340 Munich to San Francisco

I took LH as part of my return journey from Zurich, Switzerland. My company paid for C, but I upgraded to F with my upgrade instruments. I flew from Zurich to MUC, then I connected from MUC to SFO.

I have flown UA F, and this definitely is the next level of first class service, no question. The people at LH take pride in their product. They really make sure that they provide outstanding service and a good experience in F. I was very pleased overall with the level of food, service, and comfort. This truly was an amazing experience.

The first class lounge in MUC was simply fantastic. It was just a great time. The food (which was all free) was just delicious. Easily as good as any top-notch restaurant, except for the dessert. There is no car transport to the plane in MUC as there is in FRA, unfortunately, but it was still fantastic.

The LH first class seat is just so comfortable. It was a wonderful way to fly. There is so much food that I could not finish it at all.

My trip report, as I am doing for all my TR's now, is in video format. The link is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbAk_Fs8sJs

Here are some photos also:

first class lounge entrance by sfflyer123, on Flickr

steak in lounge! by sfflyer123, on Flickr

caviar to start by sfflyer123, on Flickr

Here is the complete trip report!

I hope you enjoy it!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, VS, SQ, AS
Great camera work!

Why am I always so envious after I watch your trip report videos?
Always great to see reports in video mode -- like being right there.....

Looking forward to the next one!

p

Originally Posted by SFflyer123
I took LH as part of my return journey from Zurich, Switzerland. My company paid for C, but I upgraded to F with my upgrade instruments. I flew from Zurich to MUC, then I connected from MUC to SFO.

I have flown UA F, and this definitely is the next level of first class service, no question. The people at LH take pride in their product. They really make sure that they provide outstanding service and a good experience in F. I was very pleased overall with the level of food, service, and comfort. This truly was an amazing experience.

The first class lounge in MUC was simply fantastic. It was just a great time. The food (which was all free) was just delicious. Easily as good as any top-notch restaurant, except for the dessert. There is no car transport to the plane in MUC as there is in FRA, unfortunately, but it was still fantastic.

The LH first class seat is just so comfortable. It was a wonderful way to fly. There is so much food that I could not finish it at all.

My trip report, as I am doing for all my TR's now, is in video format. The link is here:

Here are some photos also:

first class lounge entrance by sfflyer123, on Flickr

steak in lounge! by sfflyer123, on Flickr

caviar to start by sfflyer123, on Flickr

Here is the complete trip report!

I hope you enjoy it!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 5:36 pm

i hope i can fly first class one day too..
Old Feb 20, 2011, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Love the video report SFflyer123. You did a great job of capturing all the important components of your experience. LH First on the MUC-SFO and SFO-MUC A340 flights are our favorite ways to/from Europe.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: LH FTL, Marriott Plat
Thumbs up Nice video report!

LH F reports are always a pleasure! Wow! The steak you had in the lounge really looks delicious! I'm hungry now!

-Tom
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Another wonderful trip report! I always enjoy the video aspect of your reports. Looking at photos, while fun, can get a little boring. The video really brings the trip to life ^

This also gives me an idea of what my LH F trip will be like. Counting down the days
Old Feb 21, 2011, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I am in China now and there is no youtube access.

I really want to see your video bad. It will have to wait until I am at Narita this Sunday during transit on my way back to Washington DC.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Feb 21, 2011 at 8:08 pm
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Thought the plane was going to SFO on the ground as it seemed to be taking ages to take-off!

Does the person in the front middle seat have to stare up at the small screen on the wall?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:48 am

Fabulous video.

Boy, did that soup look disgusting!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta, HH, Hyatt, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold
Always a pleasure viewing your trip reports!!!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Great trip report. I was in the MUC FCL in December and decided to hold back from eating because I knew two flights on TK were coming up.

I didn't even look at the buffet, but if I had seen steak like that I would have just slept on the TK flights. Wow...that looks great.

Wonderful report as usual! ^
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:02 pm

Great video

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

I really want to see your video bad. It will have to wait until I at Narita this Sunday during transit on my way back to Washington DC.
It's worth the wait. No, take it back ! The video was so good that it's worth going to neighbor countries or Hong Kong to watch it NOW
Old Feb 21, 2011, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by UAFlyer
It's worth the wait. No, take it back ! The video was so good that it's worth going to neighbor countries or Hong Kong to watch it NOW
You are killing me!!!!!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

I really want to see your video bad. It will have to wait until I am at Narita this Sunday during transit on my way back to Washington DC.
They ban YouTube in China?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
They ban YouTube in China?
China only bans YouTube when there are sensitive events happening outside China (eg. currently Libya, Bahrain etc.). The Chinese government donesn't want copycat events in China.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.