Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

A Wife's Tale...DCA-ORD-HKG on UA in Y

A Wife's Tale...DCA-ORD-HKG on UA in Y

Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Looking good... a shame UA hasn't done much to those 747's...

and welcome to the madness that is frequent flying
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Wonderful TR. Please keep it coming!

Originally Posted by IADRefugee
While on layover in Chicago, we purchased one day passes for the Red Carpet Club - only after the next flight were we going to get free Star Alliance Gold access.
You shouldn't have needed to purchase. As long as you have a Same-Day international flight, you can use a Star Gold Lounge.

When I was 1P, I used my Star Gold to access the RCC in PHX when I used to do PHX-SFO-NRT-BKK-NRT-LAX-PHX. I used my Star Gold card and my SFO-NRT boarding pass for entry to the PHX RCC.

I also used the Star Gold card and BKK-NRT BP (stub) for access to the LAX RCC.

Never had any problems.

IIRC, the Star Alliance lounge access rules only say "same day [international] departure." It doesn't say that you have to be departing internationally from that airport.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P
Part II is up! Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by warreng24
Wonderful TR. Please keep it coming!

You shouldn't have needed to purchase. As long as you have a Same-Day international flight, you can use a Star Gold Lounge.

When I was 1P, I used my Star Gold to access the RCC in PHX when I used to do PHX-SFO-NRT-BKK-NRT-LAX-PHX. I used my Star Gold card and my SFO-NRT boarding pass for entry to the PHX RCC.

I also used the Star Gold card and BKK-NRT BP (stub) for access to the LAX RCC.

Never had any problems.

IIRC, the Star Alliance lounge access rules only say "same day [international] departure." It doesn't say that you have to be departing internationally from that airport.
Thanks for the positive feedback!

Sorry for the confusion on the lounge. We were both only premiers at the time. My husband says this translates as 2p. We crossed 50,000 eqm on the last flight of the trip. Little did I know this trip was a cleverly disguised mileage run to get us both to Premier Executive!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by snod08
Welcome to FT!

You get "Wife of the Century" award....for many reasons:
1. Changing your favorite airline for your hubby
2. Going to the airport with him for any reason..
3. RIDING in Y to HKG!!! That is a BIG DEAL!!^

Awesome first post. Look forward to more.

You mentioned you get lounge access on the return legs. Is that because you/he makes Star Gold with this outbound trip? Did not quite get that part.
^^ I second that motion!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 1:19 pm
evj

Programs: UA 2P, HHonors Silver
Great report, keep it coming!

Originally Posted by IADRefugee
Part II is up! Thanks for reading!

Little did I know this trip was a cleverly disguised mileage run to get us both to Premier Executive!
Lol, well done

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.