DBV and OTP in Dec. via DL J and LH F: SEA-AMS-ZAG-DBV-ZAG-VIE-OTP-FRA-SEA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DBV and OTP in Dec. via DL J and LH F: SEA-AMS-ZAG-DBV-ZAG-VIE-OTP-FRA-SEA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 4:11 am

What a great TR!
Thank you for writing. I enjoy reading it so much and I also hoping I will get to spend some time in Europe very very soon!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: DE,UN,StarwoodGold
This is truly one of the best trip reports, travel and destination rolled into one; thank you so much for your efforts.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Just a question, great TR btw, since you only flew one leg in F, did you redeem a UA F Saver award for the whole thing? Since they effectively downgraded you on the outbound, did you get a partial refund of miles or you didn't really care as you did get a nice J seat on another carrier during weather issues?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:28 am

Fantastic trip report.. thanks so much!...
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:16 pm
gba
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Thanks to all for your kind remarks!

Originally Posted by oontiveros
Just a question, great TR btw, since you only flew one leg in F, did you redeem a UA F Saver award for the whole thing? Since they effectively downgraded you on the outbound, did you get a partial refund of miles or you didn't really care as you did get a nice J seat on another carrier during weather issues?
Yes, this was a UA F Saver award. I wrote to United after the trip and did get a partial refund since I flew J and Y on the outbound. The message I got from the refunds department as to their reasoning was incoherent and did suggest that it was a "one time exception" for a "valued 1K" but they did provide the refund (as I believe they should, like they would for a purchased ticket, since the product purchased was not received)
Old Jan 26, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by gba
I had heard good things about the schnitzel in the FCT and was disappointed that it was not on the breakfast menu,
Thanks for a truly exquisite TR... among the best I've read...

FYI even though the schnitzel is no on the breakfast menu -I usually take a 11am departure to India from FRA and always request for it in the FCT and I've never had a problem - they are happy to oblige... and the on ground schnitzel is so much better than the reheated stuff served for meal 2 on LH flights... It is truly worth of the tag "gourmet entertainment"
Old Jan 27, 2011, 9:33 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Great TR. We are heading to DBV for a vacation in May, staying at the Hilton.. Debating whether we should take a trip to Aman Sveti Stefan as well...

FDW
Old Jan 27, 2011, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Too much detail? No way!

What a marvelous trip report! Honestly, gba, you've really outdone yourself. I especially appreciated the beautiful pictures of Dubrovnik and Bucharest - two places I'd really like to visit someday.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 6:48 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Fantastic report! Dubrovnik looks amazing!^
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, OnePass, SkyMiles, Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, Priority Club Platinum
Very nice job.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:16 pm

I hope I can do a similar trip from Seattle someday soon - it looks great!
Old Feb 4, 2011, 11:40 pm
gba
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by avm2806
Thanks for a truly exquisite TR... among the best I've read...

FYI even though the schnitzel is no on the breakfast menu -I usually take a 11am departure to India from FRA and always request for it in the FCT and I've never had a problem - they are happy to oblige... and the on ground schnitzel is so much better than the reheated stuff served for meal 2 on LH flights... It is truly worth of the tag "gourmet entertainment"
Wow, I wish I'd known. I was planning to sample it in the FCL on the way out before I got rerouted to AMS.

Although I can't say I thought the meal onboard was bad though probably not as crispy as it could have been because of the reheating. Plus, if I had it in the lounge, it just would've meant having two servings the same day, which probably would've been a little bit too mcuh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.