Wiki Posts
Search

A Feast of First Class Flying on British Airways, Qantas and Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Nice TR ^

- gawd ... fancy finishing such a set of flight with AirNZ 320 Trans Tasman.

Interesting you were in row 1 - in all my 10 or so 320 flights with the new setup, row 1 has simply been available for works passenger/elites. No works deluxe required. (FWIW, I have sat in 1C on 5 of these flights, it always seemed to become available about 2 days before the flight)

Last edited by serfty; Feb 7, 2011 at 6:02 am
Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by serfty
Nice TR ^

Interesting you were in row 1 - in all my 10 or so 320 flights with the new setup, row 1 has simply been available for works passenger/elites. No works deluxe required. (FWIW, I have sat in 1C on 5 of these flights, it always seemed to become available about 2 days before the flight)
In my first A320 with the new configuration we were booted out of row 1 and reseated in Row 3 D & F.
From my reading of Kiwi Flyer's post was that he was seated in Row 2 ABC and was thankful that none was in Row 1 to recline into him.
Thanks Kiwi Flyer for an excellent series of flights. I totally agree about NZ poor A320 offering compared to what they had.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 10:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
In my first A320 with the new configuration we were booted out of row 1 and reseated in Row 3 D & F.
From my reading of Kiwi Flyer's post was that he was seated in Row 2 ABC and was thankful that none was in Row 1 to recline into him.
Thanks Kiwi Flyer for an excellent series of flights. I totally agree about NZ poor A320 offering compared to what they had.
Correct - in row 2 with no one in row 1.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite, Qantas Bronze, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Blue Velocity, Accor Advantage Plus,
Originally Posted by serfty
Nice TR ^

I managed to get 1A with no one in the two seats beside me on MEL-WLG two weeks ago, on a seat only.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
[St Hallet "Old Block" Shiraz 2005, Barossa Valley
A blockbuster Shiraz from the hot Barossa Valley near Adelaide. The 2005 St Hallet Shiraz displays the hallmark richness, ripe blackcurrant and spicy complexity of the regions best fruit. The sheer weight of the wine is managed splendidly by a clean freshness that gives both balance and a sense of elegance, not often associated with the Barossa. An acknowledged icon wine of Australia, the "Old Block" derives its fruit from vines of 60 to well over 100 years old. The tiny yields these knarred plants gives ensure that this wine is naturally rare. Try it while you can.
I was lucky enough to be flying the opposite way to Melbourne last week. After the touchdown in KL I was the only one to be seated in the 12 seat 1st class cabin for the 7 hour flight to MEL. Enjoyed a beautiful steak washed down with a bottle of the St Hallet - an amazing drop!
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
A Feast of First Class Flying indeed ~ This is one of your tastiest trip reports ever! Thank You!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 1:57 pm

Programs: Aspires to any and all good programs.
Absolutely Brilliant trip report. It was as if I was there in the seat next to you.

Unfortunately, if I was in the seat next to you, I would know the answer to this question: What is a Jumeirah Delight mocktail that is served by Emirates?

DrJamba
I prefer to be called evil genius!
Old Jun 10, 2011, 4:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk DrJamba

It is a mocktail ... so I have no idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.