Wiki Posts
Search

CO new BusinessFirst (EWR-LHR-EWR) w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ylwae
This is so sad it's funny. I bet she fully supports and looks forward to backscatter scanning and groin patdowns, too.

Nice trip report, though.
Exactly....

Nice report. Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 6:22 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Very nice first post and great TR!!
Welcome to FT!
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: 1k UA,HHonors, SPG Gold
Nice job on your first report. Nice pic too!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Well you've earned endless goodwill on FT by making your first post a detailed TR with pics cxny1090! Welcome to FT!

And it's an excellent one to boot. Very useful for me as I am contemplating my first TATL on CO next year. This report was a bit of a reality check to keep my expectations, erm, reasonable.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by cxny1090
I didn’t like the fact that CO flies a B757 for transatlantic flights due to the fact that it is a small aircraft and both flights were very full. I believe that they are the only ones that fly this type of aircraft on most European routes.
Unfortunately, Continental, Delta, American and US Airways all fly the 757 over the Atlantic.

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Not many people start off here with a trip report, but you really did a nice job. Thank you! Interesting that Continental would operate a 757 on the EWR-LHR run, much less at peak travel times.
CO flies a daytime 757, as well as an overnight 757 and 777 on this route.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I flew BusinessFirst last week between PEK and EWR....My United flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems, and United put me on CO.

It was a fantastic flight! CO BusinessFirst beat United new Internaitonal C hands down! CO's food is a lot better than what United offers in International.

I am looking forward to see the postive changes from CO management to UA.

This report is excellent!

I have taken a lot of photos on my CO BusinessFirst flight last week, but is unsure whether I want to do a Photo Trip Report on this forum yet due to several other photo trip reports waiting in line....but this report may just give me the inspiration I need.

Thanks and look forward to your future trip reports!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Star Alliance Silver, jetBlue TrueBlue, CX Asia Miles, & Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I flew BusinessFirst last week between PEK and EWR....My United flight was cancelled due to mechanical problems, and United put me on CO.

It was a fantastic flight! CO BusinessFirst beat United new Internaitonal C hands down! CO's food is a lot better than what United offers in International.

I am looking forward to see the postive changes from CO management to UA.

This report is excellent!

I have taken a lot of photos on my CO BusinessFirst flight last week, but is unsure whether I want to do a Photo Trip Report on this forum yet due to several other photo trip reports waiting in line....but this report may just give me the inspiration I need.

Thanks and look forward to your future trip reports!
Thank you for your reply. I'm glad you had a great flight with CO. I do agree with you that CO management will bring good changes for UA.

Regarding the food, I'm not sure if it has to do where the food was prepared but I did not think that the meal I had was great. In fact, my friend who had the steak said it was not as good as other J class airlines, in particular CX or SQ. However, I had a great meal when I flew ARN-EWR. I have also had great meals on CX J flying from the US. I think the food prepared particularly in the US, as well as an American carrier, is not as great as international airlines. It's just my opinion.

You should defiantly do a TR! I'm glad I inspired you!
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:11 am

Thanks for the report. Too bad it wasn't a better experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.