Take 2 on CX premium from HKG-YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks for the TR.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Thanks for all the positive feedback. Glad to see that many people on this forum are either familiar with Chinglish or actual chinese.

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
Did they not have anymore seats on the 4pm flight when you originally booked it? Or did you need a full day in HK and/or simply loved the timing nature of the flight? I swore after I took the 2-3am-ish departure more than a year ago that I would never torture myself again with such a flight timing.

The 2-3am-ish departure will be gone at the end of this month and will be retimed as CX828 leaving 10am-ish instead. I guess CX has heard enough complaints with regards to the timing.

I love the timing of the midnight flight. I can spend a whole day and then head to the airport after a day of shopping or personal business. You can sleep as much as you want on the flight (I usually sleep well on flights so I wake up refreshed), and you just have to make it through the day in Toronto. I find that with an evening arrival, I'm too awake to sleep at the local time zone.

I'm glad however, for the new 10am departure. Arriving at 2pm, you get an adequate amount of time to spend the day in Hong Kong, but not too late to adjust to the new time zone (ie. you get tired enough to sleep at around 11 ish)
Old Oct 18, 2010, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by b-kpf
Thanks for all the positive feedback. Glad to see that many people on this forum are either familiar with Chinglish or actual chinese.

I love the timing of the midnight flight. I can spend a whole day and then head to the airport after a day of shopping or personal business. You can sleep as much as you want on the flight (I usually sleep well on flights so I wake up refreshed), and you just have to make it through the day in Toronto. I find that with an evening arrival, I'm too awake to sleep at the local time zone.

I'm glad however, for the new 10am departure. Arriving at 2pm, you get an adequate amount of time to spend the day in Hong Kong, but not too late to adjust to the new time zone (ie. you get tired enough to sleep at around 11 ish)
Aiiii-yah! gum dor Chi-ne-se on FT ahhh!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by tentseller
Aiiii-yah! gum dor Chi-ne-se on FT ahhh!
Yes, lots of them/us!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by buster ct1k
yes, lots of them/us!
Us! 你好棒!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Thanks for sharing the report. Loved it.. when is your next trip? can't wait to read more
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:44 pm

Nice trip report. I noticed in one of your pics that you took a picture of the securtiy screening of the flight bound for SFO. I was surprised that you were not caught in the act! I was plane spotting around Gate 3 in the lounge with CX 840 heading to JFK and security thought I was taking pictures of them and told me to stop. They were pretty angry with me! Cheers
Old Apr 7, 2011, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Originally Posted by maortega15
Nice trip report. I noticed in one of your pics that you took a picture of the securtiy screening of the flight bound for SFO. I was surprised that you were not caught in the act! I was plane spotting around Gate 3 in the lounge with CX 840 heading to JFK and security thought I was taking pictures of them and told me to stop. They were pretty angry with me! Cheers
Boarding was nearing the final minutes, and a rush of people came just in time so I think security were more concerned about getting people onboard and didn't notice a camera.

Anyway, for all who want more, I have just redeemed a roundtrip on CX F, of which the first leg will be flown in Sept of this year. Stay tuned!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:14 am

Enter Content
Old Jul 26, 2011, 1:37 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MaximusNJ
Nice TR - and as a Cantonese speaker... the dialogue cracked me up - as my Mum would say the exact same things to me (like the other poster said)
should i add a +1 here, except i always try to get away from them at the AEx drop off area. (not even at the AEx gate.. heehe)
Old Jul 26, 2011, 1:39 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by b-kpf
Boarding was nearing the final minutes, and a rush of people came just in time so I think security were more concerned about getting people onboard and didn't notice a camera.

Anyway, for all who want more, I have just redeemed a roundtrip on CX F, of which the first leg will be flown in Sept of this year. Stay tuned!
i feel so lazy i should have put up my TR in may. no parently action tho
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club; Asia Miles
I too took a pictures from the Wing at the secondary security check before my flight to SFO. A male security downstair SCREAM and point his finger at me, 'NO CAMERA!!!!!!!!' I meant scream.... to the extends Gate 1 - 4 sudddenly became so quiet like a graveyard for a minute.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Re the CX vs AC discussion, although the seats are obviously the same basic design, there's something about the divider walls on CX - both the greater height of them, and the material choice - that makes them look much more coffin-like, in pictures at least. I quite like the AC suite, but I much prefer NZ's version of it - much more spacious feeling, and significantly more comfortable as a bed (thanks to the flip-over design).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.