Another Singapore First Class RTW Adventure... SFO-JFK-FRA/CDG/LHR-SIN-HKG-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lyrad89
wow... i wish i had salary like yours..
Have to second UA_Flyer on this one. You've responded to 38 trip reports today, some that haven't been active for more than two years. How about slow down, read the entire trip report and then respond only if you really have something pertinent to add, as opposed to trying to set a one day post record.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

So SQ doesn't serve caviar even on long-haul routes then. That's a little surprising.
Old May 21, 2012, 12:04 am

Wonderful Report

Very nice TR. I felt like I was traveling with you guys! You guys know how to travel in style!

Cheers
Chris
Old May 25, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
EDIT: deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 29, 2013 at 4:44 pm
Old May 26, 2012, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guava
So SQ doesn't serve caviar even on long-haul routes then. That's a little surprising.
Originally Posted by JohnDP
what very few people realize is that the caviar served in aeroplanes today, even on arabic ones, is not what caviar actually is supposed to be.
Prime iranian beluga caviar is one thing, the odd balls you get today quite another. Therefore I prefer that the money intended for a lower quality caviar (for instance LH gets it from Italy/China) goes towards a very high quality produce or wine.
For instance LX has the world's best (branded) salmon, which in my opinion is a much better idea than any third grade egg concoction...
By no means am I a caviar aficionado, but I do enjoy it periodically, mostly on LH or CX. I do tend to lather it up with condiments so the prime iranian beluga might we wasted on me. Can't disagree with JohnDP about high quality salmon. I rather enjoyed the Smoked Salmon carpaccio with avocado creme fraiche timbale and capers which CX serves instead of caviar on the shorter JFK-YVR leg of their JFK-YVR-HKG 77W.

Originally Posted by silver06
Very nice TR. I felt like I was traveling with you guys! You guys know how to travel in style!
Cheers
Chris
Thanks very much Chris. And welcome to FT!
Old May 27, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum
EDIT: deleted.

Last edited by JohnDP; Nov 29, 2013 at 4:44 pm
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by SFO777; Dec 2, 2012 at 6:22 am Reason: oops... removed stray post

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.