Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

The Suite Life: Istanbul and Tokyo in TK F, TG F/J, LX F (pics)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Suite Life: Istanbul and Tokyo in TK F, TG F/J, LX F (pics)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Talking The Suite Life: Istanbul and Tokyo in TK F, TG F/J, LX F (pics)

I had previously arranged my Istanbul/Tokyo trip for May but had to cancel it for personal reasons. I hadn’t decided when to re-book the trip when a few weeks ago I was sitting at home looking at my calender in August and saw two free weeks. I got online and spent the better part of a day trying to find flights.

A combination of pure luck and/or the availability gods being in a good mood, I was able to maximise my F experience with three airlines, and two I had never flown before. So here is the trip I was able to ticket 22 days before departure:

SZG-FRA OS J
FRA-LHR LH J
LHR-IST TK F (stop)
IST-BKK TK F
BKK-NRT TG F (stop)

This allows me to experience Turkish Airlines First Class and Thai First Class and the Royal First Lounge and Spa.

I'm only going to post about the F legs because the others are too short to be worth writing about (unless something interesting happens). As soon as I have flown/written the flights I'll link them.

Here we go:

Turkish Airlines F TK1980 LHR-IST (LIVE)

Turkish Airlines F TK60 IST-BKK (LIVE)

Thai Airways F TG640 BKK-NRT (LIVE)

-The Young Foodie

Last edited by QFBoy; Jan 31, 2011 at 5:38 pm
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:21 pm

Wow, turkish looks amazing. my college dorm room was about the same size
Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:52 pm
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Indeed, their F hard product looks as if it beats the sh*t out of those of LH, LX (old style) and TG (old & new)...

Great start of your trip report, looking forward to the rest!
Old Aug 11, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Looks like you have an amazing trip lined up. I've never flown TK F and can see it is rivalling the best out there. The service will come I'm sure with experience. My only real experience of TK is their very annoying "We are Turkish Airlines: we are globally yours" TV Commercials that seem to be on one of the major cable news channels at every break right now!

Great report so far -I particularly like the photograph of the champagne in front of the window!

^
Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Originally Posted by AJO
Indeed, their F hard product looks as if it beats the sh*t out of those of LH, LX (old style) and TG (old & new)...

Great start of your trip report, looking forward to the rest!
you know that TG is now flying some of the same exact planes now (the Jet Airways leased 77Ws) right?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Great report so far -I particularly like the photograph of the champagne in front of the window!

^
+1!!! Fantastic photograph, looks "jaunty" somehow. A good example of a picture saying more than words!^
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
TK F looks great, though you are not the first one to report that cabin crews lack the polish and English skills of a world-class airline.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

After a long absence, PART TWO is LIVE!! Enjoy!

Turkish Airlines F TK60 IST-BKK (LIVE)

If you enjoy reading this report, please take a minute to VOTE FOR ME on Project Food Blog. If you are not a FoodBuzz member, it only takes a few steps to be able to start voting. Challenge #4 closes on 14th October at 6pm Pacific Time. Thank you for your support!

-The Young Foodie

Last edited by QFBoy; Oct 13, 2010 at 6:52 pm
Old Oct 13, 2010, 7:13 pm
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Originally Posted by playbbg
you know that TG is now flying some of the same exact planes now (the Jet Airways leased 77Ws) right?
Only on BKK-CDG-BKK and on some BKK-NRT-BKK flights, unfortunately. As it happens, I'm flying TG F tonight on the A340-600.

(Bit of late reaction, I know)
Old Oct 23, 2010, 5:34 am

Programs: LH FTL, Marriott Plat
Thumbs up Always enjoy your reports!

Thanks for another interesting read with great pictures as well. Our fellow Austrian Mr. Dogudan seems to have done a great job with TK F! Would love to try them just for the food!

Looking forward to the Lufthansa part too!

-Tom
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

PART THREE...finally!

Thai Airways F BKK-NRT (LIVE)

Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:04 pm

I am envious, are you currently working or studying?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Very nicely presented photo report. I especially like the composition and clarity of your photographs. Now that Turkish has received its own 777-300s (instead of the loaners from Jet Airways) I wonder if the First Class cabin is as nice or nicer?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: United MP 1p, PC Ambassador, GP Platinum
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Very nicely presented photo report. I especially like the composition and clarity of your photographs. Now that Turkish has received its own 777-300s (instead of the loaners from Jet Airways) I wonder if the First Class cabin is as nice or nicer?
Unfortunately I've heard that the new 777-300s that Turkish is receiving are 2 class only. Can anyone confirm?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 4:29 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Amazing blog, QFBoy! I've just added it to my favourites

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.