Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

London Hyatt Churchill Royal Suite

Old May 25, 2010, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc

This is my first TR so give me feedback of how to improve.
We started from home on Friday afternoon, walked to the station in glorious sun and caught the First Great Western to London Paddington. First class was very quiet (I think we had the carriage to ourselves for the first few stops until (unfortunately) some MPs got in). For those of you who haven't travelled FGW 1st before, the seating is quite nice in that it is leather and reclines, and we always get a group of 4 seats around the table for the 2 of us but it is nothing special. You got trolley service offering fruit juice, hot drinks, water and a few snacks - from memory, plain crisps, biscuits, fresh fruit (if you're lucky), fruit cake. On better days you might get wasabi peas. Unfortunately the days of Friday night wine club are over
On arrival in London (on time) we rushed to get the Circle line round to Sloane Square for an appointment and then a more leisurely trip round to Westminster and changing to the Jubilee line to get to Bond Street. From here it is a couple of minutes walk to the Hyatt.
We had stayed at this Hyatt once before using a diamond suite upgrade certificate and had received a smoking suite, although this was later changed to a non-smoking suite when we asked. This time I asked in advance for a non-smoking suite so we were expecting the same type as before.
On arrival at the Club lounge floor we started checkin and were told "I have good news. You have been upgraded. I've never seen this before - you are staying in our Royal Suite." Obviously at this we were pretty happy but when we saw the suite we were astounded.
The suite is on the 9th floor and I think is not actually non-smoking but there was no smell of smoke apart from in the hallway at some point. I am incredibly sensitive to smoke but was fine here. At the outside was a camera for the video entry system. Then we entered the suite into the hall:

Taking the first door on the right, we entered into a private gym with exercise bike, treadmill, a small number of free weights and a bathroom. There was also a fridge with water, fruit juice and other soft drinks which we think were free. Unfortunately the treadmill didn't work for more than a couple of minutes but I think this would be an easily fixed technical fault.

The next door on the right led to a guest cloakroom (toilet and sink only) and a last door on the right enetered into the main room. Nearest the door there was a large desk and seating area

On the left there was a small but well stocked kitchen with oven, fridge, freezer, crockery etc.

Going up the stairs we entered the lounge area complete with baby grand piano. This was great - so big and I play the piano so a nice touch, although the piano needed a service (tuning a bit out and keys a bit sticky).

On the other side of the lounge, back down the stairs was a dining table for 10

and through the door a double bedroom and bathroom. On the other side of the lounge is a twin bedroom, complete with dressing room and a bathroom

The main bedroom was on the side of the lounge near the baby grand. It was quite large with a very large dressing room and bathroom (with a skylight in).

All around the suite was a terrace with 2 seating areas. We were lucky with the weather and had glorious sunshine. Although so close to Oxford Street the noise was not intrusive and it was great sitting out here with a glass of wine.

It is quite hard to describe the layout of the suite as it is so big - 270 sq metres I think and equivalent to around 15 normal rooms. It was an incredibly special stay and we will definitely be back (although I am sure think kind of upgrade is a one-off). The rate for the suite is around Ł4000/night I believe. I thought it would be more expensive, but could never justify paying that kind of money myself. I have a video which I will post a link to later.

Last edited by price123; May 25, 2010 at 12:20 pm
Old May 25, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
Haha very good
Old May 25, 2010, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Wow, very nice. I had a suite there a few weeks ago, but looking at ur pics, you'd think mine was a play house lol
Old May 26, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: US Dividend Miles
The suite is on the 9th floor? Sounds more like the suite is the 9th floor! Thanks for the pics - neat way to memorialize a once-in-a-lifetime experience ^
Old May 26, 2010, 9:57 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Wow I was in the poor folks section accomdations/guest room with club access.
Certainly not worthy here
Wasn't to impressed with the club offerings overall even my hotel in Amsterdam was better.
The club is fair but far from exceptional.I think the club is capable of better.
Though kudos for having the best french yogurt in the world.
Love to get some here in the US

Service was very good overall throughout the hotel especially in the lobby restauraunt with sensational heartfelt inspired team members making sure every moment is to your liking.
Some soundproofing problems in the room however it may just be my location srteet side.I also had a nightmare controlling heating in the room
wif fi would go dead in some
Why on earth in the year 2010 is it rocket science to get a control to go high or low with a simple arrow for internal temperature?
One needs a tutorial and an engineer
Old May 26, 2010, 9:15 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks for sharing.> I personally do not like the look of the Suite - too old fashion, and does not fit the style of the regular rooms. Don

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.