FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trip Reports (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/)
-   -   6 Trains on 6 Continents ~ Connected by 44 Flights on 14 Airlines ~ PART 2 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1083412-6-trains-6-continents-connected-44-flights-14-airlines-part-2-a.html)

snod08 May 9, 2010 5:48 pm

What an amazing TR!! Enjoyed Part 1 as well.
Thank you for posting!

FLLDL May 9, 2010 6:34 pm

Great report, thank you for all of the effort you put into this. Quite a journey.

You have inspired me to write a report for my next jaunt around Asia (albeit in J, rather than F!)

wandering_fred May 9, 2010 8:19 pm

Great report - good to hear about the buses in Argentina - looking forward to our trip in September I managed the Cuzco - Puno rail trip in Peru in the 80s and Xining-Golmud in China five or six years ago.

The Prospector should have gotten to 160+km/hr given the track improvements in the last few years. At least it did for me in the opposite direction. Which leads to the question - how did you get from Kalgoorlie back to Perth?

Happy wandering

Fred

DownUnderFlyer May 9, 2010 9:56 pm

Wow! Just a bit short, can you post some details please? ;) :D

cmn.jcs May 9, 2010 10:41 pm

Thank you so much! Reading this was a wonderful way to procrastinate on studying for my finals. :D

Being new here, I'm not very familiar with your situation--beyond that your TRs are held in extremely high regard. I don't mean to pry, but what sort of job/travel situation allows you to experience such travels so that you can relay them to us?

PresRDC May 10, 2010 10:45 am

The aircraft in the photo was a Convair 880 or 990. :)

FlightNurse May 10, 2010 11:56 am

WOW... I am highly impressed.. Please tell me how to book some of those bus trips in South America. My partner and I are heading down to EZE for 2 weeks and wanted to take some side trips...

ordogg May 10, 2010 2:23 pm

Best TR ever - saw a lot of places that I never knew existed. Thanks OP!

InIndiana May 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Thank you for another awesome adventure report.

I've just lost an hour or two, quite happily, reading your both halves. It was time well spent.

roadrunner21 May 10, 2010 3:09 pm

looking forward to your next report. And hopefully one of these days I'd get to ride one of those awesome Argentina buses in seat 2A ;)

Keep it up, you are an inspiration for us kids ^

CarlTheWebmaster May 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Things I did today:
  1. Got up.
  2. Had large coffee
  3. Read this trip report (part 1)
  4. Went for a run
  5. Read this trip report (part 2)

Thanks for a day well spent!!

Your comment that

travel isn’t exhausting, it’s invigorating! ... Sitting in a spacious First Class Suite for a 14 hour flight to Hong Kong isn’t exhausting, it’s relaxing.
is spot on. Few things in life are as relaxing and pleasurable as a transpac in F. Such flights provide a welcome respite from work, email, and phones, a great meal (usually), and plenty of rest in a seat that is also a bed. I feel lucky to have experienced this as you clearly seem to do also from your comments. Thanks for the very detailed report!!

-C

ak333 May 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Another fantastic report - thanks for writing this up (and the photo teaser a few weeks ago).

FinalCallDXB May 11, 2010 6:52 am

As entertaining and inspirational as ever. Didn't even wait to get home so will be light a few billable hours today! Thanks for the time and effort you put into these - always a pleasure to read.

Pretzellogix May 11, 2010 1:47 pm

Fantastic! What an inspiration to one day take a similar trip!

lesteryen May 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Both Parts 1 and 2 of the trip report are amazing!! I truly enjoyed reading them. I hope I can try flying LAN one day.