Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8 bottles of Dom from LAX-BKK on SQ in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amolkold
Sitting in the NEW LAX Star Alliance F lounge waiting for the A380 to begin boarding Suites. I just had to read this again
I am incredibly envious of you! I'd give anything to be flying that bird in F.

Have a fantastic trip – and let us know how many green bottles you knock down.

Cheers.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by macabus
I am incredibly envious of you! I'd give anything to be flying that bird in F.

Have a fantastic trip – and let us know how many green bottles you knock down.

Cheers.
In NRT. I'm going to have to rally on NRT-SIN. I am in awe of your 8!
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm so glad this was bumped after so many years.

Not entirely related, but it had me thinking of our old 'colleague' Bart Watson. Who remembers drinking champagne in F with him?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
This was an amazing (and aspirational) read, if not sad commentary on my fellow FFs.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:37 pm

the most fun I ever had from reading trip reports. shows how serious the asian airlines are about serving customers, in F, at least. asian FAs are night and days different with what we have here in the US.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: BA silver
Fantastic read from someone who doesn't drink but feels he should when my first TP run starts in april! TR bookmarked for future reference!
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:14 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by heatheresq
This was an amazing (and aspirational) read, if not sad commentary on my fellow FFs.
This is a classic, just made popular to me by Lucky who referenced it in his post on Airline Champagnes.
http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...est-champagne/
I can't see why this should be sad, just a little bubbly with life's little pleasures
Old Feb 7, 2014, 8:25 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
A very gracious post indeed.

The original report brought back memories of my flight on LH in 2010
I was in F after a very hectic day at work and sank in to my seat and was greeted by a lovely FA who asked me my choice of drinks.
Several glasses of bubbly later, I decided to do a wine tasting menu and was served a glass of all the wines they had on board matched to the menu.

By the time I landed in FRA, I had a vague recollection of making my way somehow to the FCL near B 22
Like the OP, somewhere in there during the shower I realized that I had another flight to catch and barely made that.
The sad thing was that my next flight was from B23 and so I did not get the limo and made my way somehow to the plane.
Once on board (I was in C that segment due to a downgrade) I managed to change into my LH F pajamas and went to sleep awakening 9 hrs later just before landing.

I thought that was a very special F flight (I was one of 3 on the old plane of 16 seats in F on the 747) but after reading the OP I realized that I was but a mere child in this matter. I can barely remember the flight details let alone name any of the wines I had one after the other. I can only wonder how he could even remember the flight details after 8 bottles of Dom.

Originally Posted by macabus
I would like to thank each and every one of the 400+ people who have commented on this thread over the past 3-1/2 years.

After spending hours today re-reading these posts in detail, I have gained a new appreciation for what I experienced on that over-the-top Singapore Airlines flight back in 2009 – which now seems like a lifetime ago.

It was through your comments that I realized how truly special this trip was for me. A moment frozen in time, never to be repeated. A cherished memory, often replayed.

Thank you again for helping me to appreciate what I was not able to comprehend at the time.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ddjen11
the most fun I ever had from reading trip reports. shows how serious the asian airlines are about serving customers, in F, at least. asian FAs are night and days different with what we have here in the US.
While I agree that most Asian airlines are a cut above, LX has delivered a consistently exceptional hard and soft product in the air.

Just thinking about my flights on them in F brings a smile to my face.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vonlance
Fantastic read from someone who doesn't drink but feels he should when my first TP run starts in april! TR bookmarked for future reference!
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but please don't start drinking on my account!

I've been cutting back lately. However I will let my arm be twisted when it comes to Champagne in F – but only a bottle or two...
Old Feb 9, 2014, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffI
A very gracious post indeed.

The original report brought back memories of my flight on LH in 2010
I was in F after a very hectic day at work and sank in to my seat and was greeted by a lovely FA who asked me my choice of drinks.
Several glasses of bubbly later, I decided to do a wine tasting menu and was served a glass of all the wines they had on board matched to the menu.

By the time I landed in FRA, I had a vague recollection of making my way somehow to the FCL near B 22
Like the OP, somewhere in there during the shower I realized that I had another flight to catch and barely made that.
The sad thing was that my next flight was from B23 and so I did not get the limo and made my way somehow to the plane.
Once on board (I was in C that segment due to a downgrade) I managed to change into my LH F pajamas and went to sleep awakening 9 hrs later just before landing.

I thought that was a very special F flight (I was one of 3 on the old plane of 16 seats in F on the 747) but after reading the OP I realized that I was but a mere child in this matter. I can barely remember the flight details let alone name any of the wines I had one after the other. I can only wonder how he could even remember the flight details after 8 bottles of Dom.
That sounds like a really great trip – and it seems like you remember the important parts!
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life & Marriott lifetime Platinum
Thank you for ressurecting such aspirational thread :-)
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ffI
This is a classic, just made popular to me by Lucky who referenced it in his post on Airline Champagnes.
http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...est-champagne/
I can't see why this should be sad, just a little bubbly with life's little pleasures
The "sad" reference was for sure tongue in cheek. I am never one to stand between a woman and her (8 bottles) of champagne. Oh wait, yes I am. To drink 7 of them.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
"Mr. / Ms. Macabus, your liver is sending an SOS..."

Thanks for the entertaining report!
Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
"Mr. / Ms. Macabus, your liver is sending an SOS..."

Thanks for the entertaining report!
Thanks for your compliment JDiver, I'm actually a Mr., as in "Mr. Macabus, would you like some more Dom?"

heatheresq, who posted a great note right before you, is a woman, who proudly boasts that she might be able to drink 7 bottles of Dom!

I would truly love to read her trip report if she ever does!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.