Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

The Good Life Part I : The Westin Sydney, ARIA Restaurant, SYD-SFO QF J (pics, long)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Good Life Part I : The Westin Sydney, ARIA Restaurant, SYD-SFO QF J (pics, long)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 3:14 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by QFBoy
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone!

I am currently sitting in the Red Carpet Club at SFO and let me tell you.....not impressed!

My expectations were already low but not this low! An airline that doesn't have a fully-stocked self-service bar with Champagne is not an airline! :-P The gourmet delights featured include cubes of cheese and crackers, carrot and celery sticks with Ranch dressing, and yoghurt covered raisins......which leaves much to be desired. Anyway, I know that cost-cutting is rampant in the US right now so it's to be expected...shame....

QFBoy
You need to get into the First Class lounge for anything near that....

Enjoyable report.

-Brian
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K
I am currently sitting in the Red Carpet Club at SFO and let me tell you.....not impressed!

My expectations were already low but not this low! QFBoy
Welcome to the world of USA domestic travel!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone!

My expectations were already low but not this low! An airline that doesn't have a fully-stocked self-service bar with Champagne is not an airline! :-P The gourmet delights featured include cubes of cheese and crackers, carrot and celery sticks with Ranch dressing, and yoghurt covered raisins......which leaves much to be desired. Anyway, I know that cost-cutting is rampant in the US right now so it's to be expected...shame....

QFBoy
Thanks for taking the time to write and post this great trip report. I agree with you wholeheartedly about the RCC. I never bother with them when I travel. Although I have to say that I find the LH Business lounges in FRA to be pretty underwhelming as well.

Last edited by janehoya; Mar 10, 2010 at 1:27 pm
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:09 am

Programs: SPG Gold, A-Club PLATINUM, HHonors Gold, GPP-Gold, BWR-Diamond, PCR PLAT, *Wood P
great TR - awesome pics - very nice... can't wait to read the next one... fly save!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: Amex Gold
great report

QFBoy, Thanks so much for the report. Can't wait for the next one. Sorry that you were not a "happy camper" last night. I would have been royally ticked off too. Did you at least get champagne?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 2:12 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Your photos are among the finest of their genre I have ever seen. I am sharing them with my camera buff friends. Could you reveal the type of camera you are using? It would be much appreciated.

Last edited by maltasr; Mar 11, 2010 at 2:14 am Reason: Additional info. added
Old Mar 11, 2010, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
From the exif data it looks like he is using a Canon Kiss X3 (in some markets a 500D) HTH.

Lee
Old Mar 11, 2010, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by old_flying_nurse
QFBoy, Thanks so much for the report. Can't wait for the next one. Sorry that you were not a "happy camper" last night. I would have been royally ticked off too. Did you at least get champagne?
Well, the Champagne cost 2 coupons so I decided to get the most out of them and ordered two Vodka Tonics :-)

Originally Posted by maltasr
Your photos are among the finest of their genre I have ever seen. I am sharing them with my camera buff friends. Could you reveal the type of camera you are using? It would be much appreciated.
Haha...oh I actually just got a Digital SLR so I'm really still a beginner! :-P But thanks for the compliment! I have a Canon EOS 500D.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Great TR!. Nice restaurant as well. I had no idear that QF was not doing F temp. Nice sorta op up
Old Mar 11, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
Great pictures and the hotel room in SYD looks amazing.

Not impressed about the meals on QF to be honest.

Congrats on the report.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Great report and excellent pictures. Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2010, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Excellent trip report, with some great pics! Thanks for posting. Hope you enjoyed Gary Danko.
What's the deal with no First SYD-SFO? But nice to get the F seat on a J ticket.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Very cool report. Always wanted a first hand experience about Aria. ^^^
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Nice photos!

We should take a trip together sometime!!

Greg.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 9:50 pm

That Aria is certainly a must dine in Sydney, I can imagine what the bill came to! Certainly well worth the expense.

Nice TR QFBoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.