Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

AC YYZ-NRT-YYZ J class dining with photos

AC YYZ-NRT-YYZ J class dining with photos

Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up AC YYZ-NRT-YYZ J class dining with photos

Recent January trip, the authentic Japanese meals are always delicious in Air Canada business class so I thought I would snap pics this time around:

Elaborate tray of salmon, chicken with burdock, egg roll and beef appetizer accompanied by japanese side dishes, pickles, noodles, steamed rice and miso soup. "Served at room temp, every appetizer item was scrumptious!"

followed by chicken with sesame sauce and spinach, bamboo shoots and red and yellow pepper "a bit overcooked"

I didn't take the cheese plate, nor the fresh fruit or ice cream.

Mid-flight snacks galley set up

Steamed salmon and deep-fried fish served with japanese rice, shiitake mushroom, carrot, green asparagus and choy sum. "Sorry about the dark exposure but this tasted much better than how it looked!"

ANA NRT lounge : Soba noodles with tempura. "Excellent job!"

Elaborate tray of boiled pork, shrimp roll with bean curd crepe, fried burdock, pepper with spicy cod roe and squid appetizer accompanied by japanese side dishes, pickles, noodles, steamed rice and miso soup
"different tastes offered amazing amazing detail!"

followed by beef teriyaki with mixed mushrooms, yellow zucchini, broccoli and red pepper "medium steak with sweet sauce I had to drench onto my rice!"

Once again I didn't take the cheese plate nor the cheese mousse, fresh fruit and ice cream.

Mid-flight snack: soy marinated roasted duck and smoked scallops complemented by camembert and black pepper salmon
"I couldn't believe the quality of this snack! The duck was flavourful, juicy smoked scallops, and almost melt-in-your-mouth salmon! The green tea flavoured macaroon was divine and so was the mini eclair!"

waffles with blueberry compote complemented by stewed peach, pineapple and pear "what a breakfast to wake up to"

Congrats AC, another great ride and meals!

Last edited by NRTbound; Jan 16, 2010 at 3:56 pm Reason: fix photo links
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
I can't get the pictures to work, is it just me?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by Lobengula
I can't get the pictures to work, is it just me?
Don't work for me either.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

hmm I linked the photos from the FT photo gallery (same title)
Old Jan 15, 2010, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by NRTbound
hmm I linked the photos from the FT photo gallery (same title)
Try uploading your pictures to Photobucket or Flickr and linking them from there. The pictures are usually better done that way.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 5:16 pm

Programs: SQ Silver; HH Diamond; HY Discoverist; UA 1K
Not sure why, but I was able to see the photos. The food looks phenomenal. Thanks for taking time to snap the pix and upload them for us.

How was the service? I've been debating whether I should transit Canada to take advantage of AC Executive First service to HKG.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 5:28 pm

I can see them...looks good!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 6:34 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
That food does look really good. I would love to try that in-flight snack NRT-YYZ!!! Thanks for sharing!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:49 pm

I was able to see the pictures earlier today, but when I go back to look again the pictures are not available.
However, lovely photo's and a great Trip Report. I fly the 767 xm'd in J but only between YYZ-YHZ so it's very short.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CNJMichael
Not sure why, but I was able to see the photos. The food looks phenomenal. Thanks for taking time to snap the pix and upload them for us.

How was the service? I've been debating whether I should transit Canada to take advantage of AC Executive First service to HKG.
The service was great, especially since I had 2 of the same FA's on the return trip who recognized me and a fellow return pax immediately upon boarding. Attentive FAs were always asking if I needed anything, refilling my beverages without asking and I noticed them acknowledging awaking pax with smiles and meal selections.

I always enjoy the mid-flights snacks which they set up in the middle galley which was always attended by at least one FA who allowed you to snack and eat/drink there or they bring everything to your pod. I like to stretch/stand when I can during long flights and the FAs are friendly to engage you in chats if you wish.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Tried last night and tried today, still no photos show up, please fix it put your photos up in photobucket or flicker.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 2:53 pm

No pics for me either.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Ok used suggested Photobucket and now the photos work but are huge... sorry
Old Jan 16, 2010, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Okay can see them now.....great job.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CX Gold, VA Gold, BA paeon, VS rabble, NZ A$ bru
Originally Posted by NRTbound
Ok used suggested Photobucket and now the photos work but are huge... sorry
They're just the right size for me! Marvellous work. Thank you for sharing this with us! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.