Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:17 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Very nice.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Part 6: Toronto to Denver

It was a rather cold, gloomy day in Toronto but it was good to be on our home continent again.

After heading to the "transborder" baggage claim, we retrieved our bags, redeposited them, hit security and headed to the Maple Leaf Lounge. I was dying for a shower and was delighted to find one there, just like the one I'd enjoyed the week before. Free wi-fi allowed me to catch up on e-mail and Facebook a bit, then I had a quick cup of coffee and we headed to the gate.

I hadn't flown on the Embraer E-190 before, but our aircraft to Denver looked quite spiffy at the gate.

Flight/Route: AC1037/YYZ-DEN
Aircraft/Seat: E-190 (C-FHLH, Fin 320)/3D
Departure Time/Duration: 8:40 a.m./3:40
Meal: Breakfast

The J cabin filled up right before the door closed; the two-person cabin crew did a nice job, as I recall. I have to admit that I was kind of spaced-out and dozy during this flight, but I did wake up long enough to enjoy breakfast, which beat the SCL-YYZ version in that it was perfectly cooked. The sausage, however, was not to my liking, but the fruit and "bread duo" tasted nice.

Eventually I roused myself and enjoyed some audio-on-demand, something upbeat in the Black Eyed Peas "The E.N.D.," perfect for ramping up for heading to work (ugh!). We circled around Denver for a while, and landed about 15 minutes late as the sun started to peek through the clouds.

I hope you enjoyed this trip report - it was fun to write, and more fun to fly.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:23 am

Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
A great report, thank you!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Great report. Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Ephemera

One other thing I forgot: I "found" this instruction sheet in the galley after AC93 from EZE-SCL (don't worrry, the purser said I could have it for a souvenir):

Looks pretty close to what arrived on my plate.

At the bottom it reads (cropped to preserve the aspect ratio): TRANSMITTAL: 5; ISSUED: JUNE 22, 2009; EFFECTIVE DATE: TBC
Old Nov 4, 2009, 9:35 am

Thanks for a great report, Kurt!

I am glad that warm food made it back to the EMB-190 flights.

The meals look nice!

Carfield
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again for the nice responses; I'm headed for Singapore in December but I probably won't document the whole trip as I did a similar one in August. Maybe I'll do some meal shots for the UA forum.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Forgot the Kit

One other thing: the amenity kit. These were waiting on our seats YYZ-SCL and SCL-YYZ (none on the shorter hops to/from EZE, which makes sense).

The branding is "'om' board comforts by deservingThyme;" they are blue nylon and unfold to display a lighter blue nylon interior, with three removable mesh pouches with zippers. Inside the pouches are:

• Air Canada-branded toothbrush and a small tube of Colgate toothpaste
  • deservingThyme Mouthwash
  • deservingThyme Lip Care Balm
  • deservingThyme Refreshing Facial Towelette
  • deservingThyme Mega Moisturizing Body Butter
  • A Mentos mint
  • Eyeshades (powder blue with a nice, soft lining)
  • Air Canada-branded earplugs
  • A clear, plastic shoehorn
  • Socks (also powder blue)

The kit could be useful as a toiletry carrier, as it has a small ring for hanging and the individual pouches are big enough for toothpaste, shampoo, etc. Also, liquids could be put in one or more of said pouches to get through security and then go back in the kit after arrival.

I believe the toiletries in the lavatories were also the deservingThyme brand, and there is a 25% off (and a "free gift") coupon in the kit. Pretty nice; I've only tried the lip balm but it's good stuff.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Kurt,

Thanks for the wonderful trip report and great photos!

I noticed you linked your photos from Shutterfly. I thought it could not be done. Could you share with us how you mange to link images from Shutterfly to FT?

Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:29 am
Original Poster

UA_Flyer:

After I upload my photos to Shutterfly (I usually resize them by 50% to make it quicker), I go to "view photos," then double-click to get the larger view size. Then I right click on "view image properties," which brings up the URL of that particular photo. Then I copy that and paste it into the box that pops up when you click the "insert image" box in the toolbar of the reply box in FT. I use "preview post" while doing this to keep my session from expiring and to make sure I've got the right images. A bit tedious but it works OK for me.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:10 pm

Nice job Kurt.Did you use an agency for your apartment in EZE? Would you recommend them? Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2009, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thebug622
Nice job Kurt.Did you use an agency for your apartment in EZE? Would you recommend them? Thanks
We did - it was ByT Argentina - the experience was good. We had a studio apartment in Palermo, just north of Las Heras Park. It was on the seventh floor and was nice - not fancy, but clean and very comfortable for two people. The location was great - lots of shops and restaurants nearby, plus a Carrefour grocery store a block and a half away.

The agent met us on time, as did the owner (actually her son-in-law), who did a quick inspection and gave us our deposit back in full. That was the only downside - having to show up with a week's rent and a deposit in cash. But for six nights it was worth it to live more like locals. We thought Buenos Aires was a lot about the relaxed lifestyle (cafes, shopping, bars, restaurants) rather than sightseeing per se.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Kurt
UA_Flyer:

After I upload my photos to Shutterfly (I usually resize them by 50% to make it quicker), I go to "view photos," then double-click to get the larger view size. Then I right click on "view image properties," which brings up the URL of that particular photo. Then I copy that and paste it into the box that pops up when you click the "insert image" box in the toolbar of the reply box in FT. I use "preview post" while doing this to keep my session from expiring and to make sure I've got the right images. A bit tedious but it works OK for me.
Thanks^ It worked perfectly for me.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 5:37 pm

Thank you!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Nice report !

So AC install mood lighting in the 763 but the overbin still the same ? I asked because when UA redo the 3 class 763, F and C overhead bins replace with something similiar to 777 and higher ceilings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.