Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

most overrated "popular" major travel city?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

most overrated "popular" major travel city?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2009, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
Not exactly a 'world city' is it, though?!

And it used to have one of the worlds best second-hand vinyl, cassette and CD stores in Beanos. I used to go down from London (a whole 15 minute train trip) just to visit it.
Heh.

Ah, I remember Beanos, used to go there when I was growing up.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 5:22 am

Thumbs down

I haven't travelled too much and probably don't qualify to respond to the question but:

Paris: Despite the spectacular, romantic architecture, most of which was built over 2 centuries ago and not by today's inhabitants, who appear to excel more with ghettos, it always seems dirty, dangerous, sloppy in organization, and unless you have access to Alain Ducasse or similar, the food is VASTLY overrated - throughout France (if you subscribe to Michelin, Tokyo has more stars than anywhere else, but then the Michelin people are French and Japanese people tell me they laugh at the rankings). The people living in Paris seem nervous and tense as well. Paris obviously has wondrous parts, for sure, but I always find it immensely overrated.

Singapore: If you equate it with music, it's the Carpenters. A huge yawn, with watered down culture. Probably the most boring place to visit in all Asia. (Bangkok is the Sex Pistols!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.