FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Invited to SAS Lounge by some1 who is my age divided by six (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/989868-invited-sas-lounge-some1-who-my-age-divided-six.html)

yesitshere Aug 29, 2009 7:19 pm

Invited to SAS Lounge by some1 who is my age divided by six

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to share this with you, as I found it cute.

My 5 year old son; I needed to send on a solo trip to the Middle East (with LX) starting from BRU.

I chose for UM (Unaccompanied Minor), but was allowed to go with him till the gate.

As we were close to 2 hours early (a little embarrassed about the latter, won't happen again :D ) we decided to go to the lounge.

the only lounge for *A in the A terminal is the SAS one, but remembered that I don't have a boarding pass...

Good thing my son is a *A Gold, so he invited me :p

abraxis Aug 30, 2009 4:22 pm

Funny! :D

Gaucho100K Aug 30, 2009 5:58 pm

Wirelessly posted (Nokia N97 / Palm TX: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.4; Series60/5.0 NokiaN97-3/10.2.012; Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1; en-us) AppleWebKit/525 (KHTML, like Gecko) WicKed/7.1.12344)

Originally Posted by abraxis
Funny! :D

+1

UCBeau Aug 30, 2009 6:01 pm

How generous of him :p

SEAUAKID Aug 30, 2009 7:10 pm

Super cute!

Jenbel Aug 30, 2009 7:20 pm

Really nice - but more appropriate for Travelbuzz than Communitybuzz I think :)

(so what would you have done if he had refused to invite you? :D)

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!

CMK10 Aug 30, 2009 9:50 pm

That is quite the story!

Not quite the same, but when I was 21 and my Father 57 we took a trip together on US flying PHX-LAS-PHX. I was US Gold and a Red Carpet Club member at the time so I upgraded him and took him to both lounges. He sure felt strange about the little role reversal.

yesitshere Sep 6, 2009 4:36 pm

My daughter of 2 is also *A G, but as she cannot fly alone, such stories don't happen, otherwise I'd be invited by someone my AGE/15.... :p

f4freeJunior Sep 6, 2009 5:38 pm

I recently invited my dad (who's the double of my age) on a trip with me from Europe to Japan in First :p. He was very happy :D.

SirJman Sep 6, 2009 8:36 pm

I am 21 and guested my grandfather of 79.

mersk862 Sep 6, 2009 10:03 pm

I'm 23 and have been guesting my now mid-50s parents into Crown Rooms for the past 3 years since I became a member.

yesitshere Sep 16, 2009 6:19 pm

I was a little bored, thinking what the youngest *A G could be.

I personally became in less than 2 weeks flying, from zero to Senator (M&M *A G), and I just flew eco.

Basically, a kid who had his 2nd birthday some 12 days ago could be *A G if flying eco.

I guess after a week if flying F.

SFO-DEN-ISN Sep 17, 2009 2:19 am

aren't *A guests supposed to be departing on a *A flight as well? Even if thats the rule I hope they always let things like this happen as it certainly seems like fun.

yesitshere Sep 17, 2009 3:32 am

The *A G member needs to be flying a star alliance flight to be allowed in the lounge.
Ones allowed to the lounge, he can bring a guest no matter what the guest does/fly or whatever.

PS: when I got my senator, it said it the welcome-pack-leaflet that whatever airline I fly (not sure about charters) I'm allowed in the lounge + guest, but it changed straight away after that.

chornedsnorkack Sep 26, 2009 4:30 am

Originally Posted by yesitshere (Post 12392287)
My daughter of 2 is also *A G, but as she cannot fly alone, such stories don't happen, otherwise I'd be invited by someone my AGE/15....

Just wait for 45 years.

Originally Posted by yesitshere (Post 12392287)
I was a little bored, thinking what the youngest *A G could be.

I personally became in less than 2 weeks flying, from zero to Senator (M&M *A G), and I just flew eco.

Basically, a kid who had his 2nd birthday some 12 days ago could be *A G if flying eco.

I guess after a week if flying F.

Or Air Canada.

Aeroplan Terms and Conditions:
http://www.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do
(hid under a +)

23. Infants (children under the age of 2) traveling on a revenue ticket eligible to be allocated their own seat may accumulate Aeroplan Miles in their individual accounts. Their membership is subject to all Aeroplan Terms and Conditions.
So, with Air Canada, you could well get a *G who is rather young.