Fake Service Dogs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fake Service Dogs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by LAXlocal
I doubt the airlines , or other companies would like to question anyone about their "service dog" because they could be sued ...

I know a couple people that use the "service dog" vests so they can bring their dogs places that they are not allowed , no one will question then !
and THAT is the problem ... companies are risk-averse, and too many people are too self-centered ("I deserve an exception to the rules") with too little consideration for common courtesy (and societal common sense, but that's another story)
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
The way I look at it, just because you have a legitimate need for an ESA, doesn't automatically make your pet a bona fide service animal.

A blind person has a legitimate need for a service animal. But if a blind person picks up a cute and friendly pooch from the local shelter and puts a leash on it, that doesn't automatically make Poochie a service animal.

Likewise, a person with severe anxiety has a legitimate need for a service animal. But if he picks up a cute and friendly pooch from the local shelter and puts a leash on it, that doesn't automatically make Poochie a service animal.

The doctor's note you get may demonstrate your legitimate need for the animal, but your need does not automatically turn any animal you choose into a legitimate service animal.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by satman40
One day sheeps will be partners of flyers.

As The World Turns.
This is a particular problem on flights originating in Wyoming.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
and Maaaaaaaaantana? (the effect is much better spoken than written )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.