Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

When do you give up on standby options & just book a flight to get there?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Independent

I was supposed to be taking the Delta shuttle from Boston to LGA today. Due to the whether, the flight before mine was delayed, my flight ended up being canceled, ad we were booked for the flight an hour later. Once that one rolled around they announced that the following three flights would be canceled, but there might be one later in the evening.

I ended up calling the Medallion line and got put on the flight tomorrow morning. Should I have stuck around to see if I could get out tonight? My original flight was scheduled for 3:30. They announced the 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30 would all be canceled.

At what point do you give up waiting in the airport and just book to a later flight you know you will get on and go home instead of standing by?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.