Wiki Posts
Search

How to get the best deal on Southwest Airlines and

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2009, 10:46 am
Original Poster

How to get the best deal on Southwest Airlines and

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting the best priced fare on Southwest Airlines and JetBlue on long-distance travel (particularly cross-country--2,000 miles plus). I know they often have promotional sales, but if anyone has any information that could prove useful for booking on both these airlines, I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks and Happy Flying!

JFK85_PHX
Old Jan 31, 2009, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I think I recently read on FT that Southwest's conditions of carriage do not prohibit "hidden-city" ticketing. If that is true, you can try pricing one-way itineraries to a point beyond your intended destination (with a connection through your intended destination) to see if there are any deals. This might only work if you do not check baggage: I'm not sure if Southwest permits "short checking" of baggage.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Re:Southwest

Sign up for the Southwest DING fares. You put in your departure airport and when special fares come around you get a notice. Also sign up for their e-mails. And of course, read the Southwest forum on Flyertalk!
Old Jan 31, 2009, 4:23 pm

If you are looking to get the lowest fare, be open to checking what other airlines like the Big Six have to offer as well. SW/Jetblue don't always have the lowest fares, depending on the route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.