Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Peanut) Allergies and Preboarding

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Guess what? Some people can die from being in an enclosed space with an animal to which they are allergic. My ex's family has an amazing tendency toward extreme dog allergy, and one close relative died from being in the same room with a dog for about 20 minutes. My son will have a life-threatening asthma attack from close contact with a dog.
As has been pointed numerous times in threads very similar to this one, if you think wiping down a tray table or sitting on a blanket will somehow render you immune from peanut dust in an airplane, you are seriously mistaken. Same goes for pet dander or asking the airline to impose a 'nut free' flight. Why? Despite claims to the contrary by your GA, these planes are not, by any stretch of the imagination, 'cleaned' between flights. There is literally months, if not years, of pet dander & nut dust, & heaven knows what else, ground into every crack & crevice of every commercial airliner in the sky today.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: US/*A, Marriott, ICH, Budget, Avis
Originally Posted by txrus
As has been pointed numerous times in threads very similar to this one, if you think wiping down a tray table or sitting on a blanket will somehow render you immune from peanut dust in an airplane, you are seriously mistaken. Same goes for pet dander or asking the airline to impose a 'nut free' flight. Why? Despite claims to the contrary by your GA, these planes are not, by any stretch of the imagination, 'cleaned' between flights. There is literally months, if not years, of pet dander & nut dust, & heaven knows what else, ground into every crack & crevice of every commercial airliner in the sky today.
shhhhhhh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.