Reload this Page >

Diaper change in empty seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diaper change in empty seat?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2010, 12:58 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by PTravel
Sorry, but the, "someday you'll be a parent and impose on others, too," doesn't cut it. Everyone doesn't impose and, for that matter, every parent doesn't impose. Those who change diapers at the seat, take their kids to fine restaurants and let their kids disturb others, or make no effort to stop their kids from bothering other passengers on aircraft do impose and are simply rude and selfish.
Who said anything about imposing?

Will I do a quick diaper change if it's just "wee-wee" and nothing else? Sure I will.

Will I let the kids bother and disturb others? Of course I won't. But... toddlers will cry from time to time, it's just a fact of life. Once during landing/descent I could hear a baby scream for like 20 mins and there was nothing the mother could do to stop it. And when that does happen it's 10x worse for the parent than anyone else on board.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aster
Who said anything about imposing?
You did:

"People will travel with kids, yes they will move around and from time to time be a tad too loud, you will eat regardless of whether they do so or not, and you will learn to tolerate those around you... and continue to fly with kids onboard. Chalk it up to experience, one day you will become a parent and then you'll come back here and edit all your posts."

Will I do a quick diaper change if it's just "wee-wee" and nothing else? Sure I will.
Why? Are you too lazy to bother getting up?

Will I let the kids bother and disturb others? Of course I won't. But... toddlers will cry from time to time, it's just a fact of life.
Oh, then you will let your kid bother and disturb others.

Once during landing/descent I could hear a baby scream for like 20 mins and there was nothing the mother could do to stop it. And when that does happen it's 10x worse for the parent than anyone else on board.
No, it's not 10x worse for the parent, given that it is the parent who is responsible for bothering everyone else on board.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gomike
Well, we are going to fly with our kids.

Yes it is gross to have a diaper changed in the seat but with so few planes having changing tables there is not much choice.
Of course there is a choice. You can make sure you fly on airlines that do have changing tables, you can learn how to manage without a changing table, or you can wait a few years before you fly with your kid.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 4:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Perhaps we should change the old "children should be seen not heard" to "people, including children, should be seen not heard or smelt"?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 4:52 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
You did:

"People will travel with kids, yes they will move around and from time to time be a tad too loud, you will eat regardless of whether they do so or not, and you will learn to tolerate those around you... and continue to fly with kids onboard. Chalk it up to experience, one day you will become a parent and then you'll come back here and edit all your posts."
Nah, I just stated the plain obvious. Re-read my post and try again.

Why? Are you too lazy to bother getting up?
Yes, I am.

Oh, then you will let your kid bother and disturb others.
Yeah, kids sometimes cry and there's nothing you can do to prevent it. You'll just have to learn to accept it and get used to it, it's that simple.

No, it's not 10x worse for the parent, given that it is the parent who is responsible for bothering everyone else on board.
Oh sure, a baby crying is the parent's fault. As above, accept it and get used to it.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:30 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
The recent history of this thread shows why so many of this type end up in closure. This one, sadly, meets the same fate. Ocn Vw 1K, Co-Moderator.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.