Wiki Posts
Search

What airline owned 767-300 on Worlds Toughest Fixes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
What airline owned 767-300 on Worlds Toughest Fixes

I just got done watching the episode of Worlds Toughest Fixes where they replaced a pressure dome on a 767-300ER at CDG. I could't figure out which airline it was, not a livery I'm familiar with. I'm just curious who's plane that was?

It was mostly white with green stripes toward the rear. The Tail was red on the top 1/2 or so and green on the lower 1/3rd or so. They were careful to tape over any identifying marks on the tail and fuselage and looks like the registration # was taped over too.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:39 am
MRW

I've been tryin to figure that out as well. Here is a partial photo of the tail to help out those who did not see the show: http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...2_10240768.JPG

and then this clip shows most of the plane:
http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ideos/05773_00
Old Sep 29, 2008, 12:49 am

I was initially thinking Alitalia which has the right colors but is oriented the wrong way.

After browsing a bit more over at Airliners.net, I think it's most likely Air Seychelles.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by KRSW
After browsing a bit more over at Airliners.net, I think it's most likely Air Seychelles.
You're right!

Check out this announcement of the plane returning to service: Seychelles Secrets.

Found pix of the repair here. Look familiar?

Last edited by Peetah; Sep 29, 2008 at 1:13 am Reason: Found pix!
Old Sep 29, 2008, 1:31 am

Programs: Credit Cards
I've been meaning to catch that episode but never did... I'm glad it was posted here.

Its pretty impressive how resourceful the Flyer Talk community is!

--Russ
Old Sep 29, 2008, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Peetah
You're right!

Check out this announcement of the plane returning to service: Seychelles Secrets.

Found pix of the repair here. Look familiar?
Awesome! That certainly explains it all.

Haven't watched the episode yet (it's on the Tivo 'though). Looking forward to seeing it.

JerseyVics:
If you missed it, it re-airs on Sun 10/5 - 3pm ET on National Geographic Ch.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
It was also a cover tag article in this month's Air & Space. The magazine visited the Boeing division that handles such things, the AOG. Among other tidbits:

- Average Boeing line worker has seven certified specialties in repair/job duties. Average AOG member: 28.

- Resentment abounds toward the team, based on jealousy stemming from the difficulty of landing a job. Think Boeing's equivalent to SEALs...elite, small, hard to get accepted.

- Prospective AOG members are sometimes brought on jobs and not so much scrutinized on their mechanical abilities, but more on their social skills, given the confined spaces and isolation they sometimes deal with.

Pick up the magazine - great article. ^

Last edited by ConciergeMike; Sep 29, 2008 at 4:35 pm
Old Sep 29, 2008, 9:32 pm

FYI: if you subscribe to DirecTV this program is currently available on VOD.
Old Sep 30, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM UA AA Hilton Starwood
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
It was also a cover tag article in this month's Air & Space. The magazine visited the Boeing division that handles such things, the AOG. Among other tidbits:

- Average Boeing line worker has seven certified specialties in repair/job duties. Average AOG member: 28.

- Resentment abounds toward the team, based on jealousy stemming from the difficulty of landing a job. Think Boeing's equivalent to SEALs...elite, small, hard to get accepted.

- Prospective AOG members are sometimes brought on jobs and not so much scrutinized on their mechanical abilities, but more on their social skills, given the confined spaces and isolation they sometimes deal with.

Pick up the magazine - great article. ^

Watch the video from this site if you missed the show.
Whole show in 2 minutes plus things that you didn't see in the show.

http://www.airspacemag.com/multimedia/28394209.html
Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: RR , Delta FF,United FF
Thumbs up

Flyertalk members are amazing!!!! Your knowledge is unbelievable and your willingness to share it is wonderful. I really enjoyed this clip and tread.^:-:
Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:00 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
Smile

Originally Posted by henwood
Watch the video from this site if you missed the show.
Whole show in 2 minutes plus things that you didn't see in the show.

http://www.airspacemag.com/multimedia/28394209.html

I love the shot of that Ukrainian Antonov 124-100 International Cargo Transporter!

--Russ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.