Wiki Posts
Search

Who has the best Airport lounge "Day Pass"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Who has the best Airport lounge "Day Pass"

If one were to have a long layover or weather delay, which airline would be best to buy a One Day Pass from?

I'm somewhat familiar with AA. Their pass costs $50 for one person, $75 for two. No free drinks but does have wifi. You do not have to be flying on AA to use one.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:59 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Booze

Well, CO and DL have free booze. That would put them at the top of my list.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
I see on Delta's website the pass is only $30.

Not sure if that will include guests but it appears you can also access CO and NW lounges the same day.

Opps...it appears the Delta pass is a one "visit" pass as opposed to a one day pass.
Small detail, but it prevents you from lounge hopping on a longggg delay.

Last edited by TaxiApple; Sep 11, 2008 at 1:23 pm
Old Sep 11, 2008, 2:39 pm

Lounges for different airlines in different airports are really hit or miss. If you think you will need an agent's help during your delay, just get a pass for the airline that you're traveling on.

If you're on the outbound part of your journey, consider that NW offers a 60-day pass for $125; you can bring in 2 guests, and you can hit the lounge on your return too.

Just noticed you're in SEA - you can sign up for the AS Visa card and keep the free Board Room passes in your wallet.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
One day pass, I'd say CO at $45 - unlimited entrances, free booze, free wi-fi.

DL's One-Visit Pass is a good deal if you're not planning on leaving that club (meaning you know your flight at a hub is delayed, and have no reason to leave the lounge). Still doesn't get you wifi though.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
NW does have an enticing one for their 60 day 'trial' pass...

For airports with AS Boardrooms... they offer BR day passes for $30... $15 if a BR member purchases them- free wifi, some (adult and non) drinks free, premium at $5 ea...
Old Sep 13, 2008, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Note that UA RCC only sells visit (not day) passes ($50). Free WiFi, but mediocre snacks and NO free booze.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 5:57 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by beckoa
NW does have an enticing one for their 60 day 'trial' pass...

For airports with AS Boardrooms... they offer BR day passes for $30... $15 if a BR member purchases them- free wifi, some (adult and non) drinks free, premium at $5 ea...
My thoughts, exactly.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 6:15 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by TaxiApple
If one were to have a long layover or weather delay, which airline would be best to buy a One Day Pass from?

I'm somewhat familiar with AA. Their pass costs $50 for one person, $75 for two. No free drinks but does have wifi. You do not have to be flying on AA to use one.
i think a good strategy is to immediately eliminate whichever lounge has that particular airport as a hub... way less busy that way
Old Sep 23, 2008, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
One day pass, I'd say CO at $45 - unlimited entrances, free booze, free wi-fi.

DL's One-Visit Pass is a good deal if you're not planning on leaving that club (meaning you know your flight at a hub is delayed, and have no reason to leave the lounge). Still doesn't get you wifi though.
I agree, if your just looking to booze it up for a while before or after your flight, the Delta pass is best. But don't expect anything to eat other than pretzel type snacks. If you want booze and Wifi, CO is best and also has slightly better snacks.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 6:57 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I have always felt that the NW Day Pass was a good value when I have had long layers in MSP.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: Priority Gold, UA, DL
hmm seems like DL would be the best choice for me for a little afternoon in HNL unless their is somebody else their that is better
Old Sep 26, 2008, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bthorny
hmm seems like DL would be the best choice for me for a little afternoon in HNL unless their is somebody else their that is better
There is no longer a CrownRoom in HNL. SkyTeam is restricted to NW and CO (nearly side-by-side). The CO lounge is nicer, the NW lounge lacks restrooms. Neither have showers. The CO lounge requires Crown Room members to have membership card for entry or boarding pass listing membership... if you're a CR member flying NW without you're card, the CO lounge will not let you in. The NW lounge has no problem looking up your membership.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA No staus, HHonors Gold, SPG none, Hyatt-none
I thought I had read somewhere that if you have AMEX Platnium or other Credit Cards or was it AAA or something that you can get access to the lounges for free? I can't recall where I saw that.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by nearSACTO
I thought I had read somewhere that if you have AMEX Platnium or other Credit Cards or was it AAA or something that you can get access to the lounges for free? I can't recall where I saw that.
With Amex Platinum you can access lounges when you are flying that same day on the airline, it works with AA, CO, DL, NW.

I don't know about the other airlines, but with AA, you do NOT get wifi when you get in with Amex.

https://www143.americanexpress.com/c..._c&benefitId=1

There are lots of threads on this in the Amex forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.