Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

General Question: Have Big Six Upgraded Int'l C class Seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2008, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

I thought I had read somewhere that the Big 6 were in the process of or will upgrade their Int'l Biz class seats in the near future. Did I imagine this?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by XFed2001
I thought I had read somewhere that the Big 6 were in the process of or will upgrade their Int'l Biz class seats in the near future. Did I imagine this?
I assume that Big Six, is not to be confused with B6, considering that JetBlue doesn't fly outside N. America.

That said, United is slowly rolling out lie-flat seats in C. You can check out the UA forum for the latest on which routes have been upgraded.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
AA has "next generation business class" which feature fully-flat (though not quite parallel to the floor) seats. IIRC, most internationally-configured 767s and 45 out of 47 777s have been updated so far. I very much enjoyed the NGBC seat (booked as Y) on the one daily DFW - ORD - DFW 777 flight. A search of the AA forum for NGBC yields much discussion about these seats.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:45 pm

I think United has new seats, and American does, as does Delta (if I'm not mistaken). Don't know about the other three. BTW the AA business seats look pathetic.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 12:17 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by nd_eric_77
AA has "next generation business class" which feature fully-flat (though not quite parallel to the floor) seats. IIRC, most internationally-configured 767s and 45 out of 47 777s have been updated so far. I very much enjoyed the NGBC seat (booked as Y) on the one daily DFW - ORD - DFW 777 flight. A search of the AA forum for NGBC yields much discussion about these seats.
All 763s have been converted to NGBC. There is now one 772 remaining to be converted.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
NW rolled out their new WBC product as all of their A330s have come on board, retrofitting the 747 fleet and retiring the DC-10 fleet.

It's a good seat with one caveat -- while the chair technically flattens all the way out, the result is a bit of a slant/incline. So not exactly lie-flat. Very comfortable, though, for a westbound daylight flight ^
Old Aug 2, 2008, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the input.

Appreciate all of your prompt replies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.