Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which country doesn't do exit stamp beside US?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which country doesn't do exit stamp beside US?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2008, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by dg4255
Living in Europe with an American passport, I haven't been stamped exiting from any EU country while headed outside of the Schengen zone. The last time I was given a EU-based stamp was when travelling on the train from Paris to London. There I was given a stamp.
France does have an exit stamp (but then, you can avoid french customs alltogether if leaving france thru some trains to switzerland). The Netherlands has it as well.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajax
Considering Switzerland's a land-locked country, entirely surrounded by Schengen countries, I'll be the first to commend you on your sleuthing skills, Sherlock.
That's not conclusive.

I have been on a train from A -> B -> C. No official from B ever was involved.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by ralfp
The knowledge that she probably can't travel back in time would allow the CBP agent to conclude that she left the US prior to returning. Of course it would not surprise me if a CBP officer was incapable of this level of logical reasoning.

If she returned two or three days later the example might be a problem.
Regardless of her leaving on time or not, if she stays 89 days and tries another visa waiver back-to-back, she likely be denied entry on the basis that she did not demonstrate a "non-immigrant intent".

Such a scenario is already iffy with a visa B1/B2, but it is almost a guarantee of being denied entry if using a visa waiver.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 8:49 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I'm thinking of arrivals into the Schengen zone via Switzerland and departures from the Schengen zone via Switzerland. Most Schengen zone countries are reasonably diligent about stamping US passports at least much or most all of the time -- Switzerland (at least for now) however usually does not stamp US passports when flying into the country, regardless of where you came from.

I am just wondering if I will be getting a lot more Swiss entry (and exit) stamps at ZRH and GVA in the next 2 months than I have seen in the last 200 months of using a US passport.
Ah.

I expect that, since Switzerland is (as of 1 November) in the Schengen Zone, you will see border agents become much more diligent about stamping passports for non-EEC (which is basically EU25 + Iceland, Norway and Switzerland) nationals coming from and going to outside the Schengen Zone.

Then again, the Spanish, Portuguese and Italians are quite lax about stamping non-EU passports, so perhaps the Swiss will follow that lead. But I doubt it.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I somehow doubt that the Swiss will be more "diligent" after the first few weeks, since this thread was started, I have entered and exited France six times, each time coming from or leaving from a non-Schengen country, all travel by air (or rather I have entered France a bunch of other times by land, but am not including it). For all six trips I have 4 entry stamps and ZERO exit stamps.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by pltwannab
Greece didn't stamp when got out.
Are you sure ???
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:30 pm

Angry Paris (CDG) did not Stamp my passport

I flew in to India from Paris this morning, I was accompanied by 30 fellow students, whilst all the others got a stamp out, I was the only one who did not receive a departure stamp. I am kinda concerned about it. Hope it does not create any hassles in the future.

Old Jun 8, 2011, 3:04 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by whiteknuckles

My point was.... How would the CBP agent know she had departed the previous day? If there is no exit passport stamp and the I-94W hasn't been processed yet, there is no way for the CBP agent to know by looking at a January 1 entry stamp if she had departed after 1 week or 89 days later. If the agent knew she departed on the 89th day and returned the following day this would raise a red flag that she is possibly trying to circumvent the 90 day limit.

I had an Indonesian friend few years ago, and I once got a chance to see his passport. I was quite surprised to find US departure stamps in his passport. He told me that he got US exit stamp every time when he left the country. One remark is his passport was not a machine-readable passport. That may be the reason why his passport was stamped every time upon departure. For those of you who have a machine-readable passport, your departure and entry record can be instantly pulled out of CBP's database. Therefore, there is no way for you to circumvent such limit.

p.s. This is one of two non-machine-readable passports that I have seen in my life. The other was an Indian passport that was held by my seatmate on SFO-NRT flight. I was very shocked to see the empty bottom space on the passport picture page at that time because I have never seen something like that before.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by N227UA
For those of you who have a machine-readable passport, your departure and entry record can be instantly pulled out of CBP's database. Therefore, there is no way for you to circumvent such limit.
There are ways to circumvent such limits still.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by whiteknuckles

My point was.... How would the CBP agent know she had departed the previous day? If there is no exit passport stamp and the I-94W hasn't been processed yet, there is no way for the CBP agent to know by looking at a January 1 entry stamp if she had departed after 1 week or 89 days later. If the agent knew she departed on the 89th day and returned the following day this would raise a red flag that she is possibly trying to circumvent the 90 day limit.
First of all, with the ESTA program, A person entering the U.S. Under the Visa Waiver Program no longer needs to complete an I-94W (green form). The person's passport is stamped and the Officer puts a date under the stamp in the passport. Secondly, this is the 21st Century and all arrivals/departure records are available electronically and in the system upon entering/departing the U.S..
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
[QUOTE=N227UA;16523282]I had an Indonesian friend few years ago, and I once got a chance to see his passport. I was quite surprised to find US departure stamps in his passport. He told me that he got US exit stamp every time when he left the country. [QUOTE]

Your friend was entered into a special program called NSEERS. He is required to do outboud proceedures, which required him to report to the CBP departure Office to get a departure stamp in his passport. This is not required for everyone.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, CC Gold
Andorra does not do entry or exit stamp (Sept 2013), despite me begging the immigration officer.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Didn't get one in Nicaragua sadly. Could have used it too, the entry stamp I got is almost unreadable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.