Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange Complaints from Fellow Pax

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2008, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by Wonderboynyc
Upon which the guy who had been in front of me turned to me and started to scream at me and tell me what he thought of me and the mother who gave birth to me and what he was going to do to me. That prompted another woman to turn to me and accuse me that I would be starving her cat because she couldn't get home to feed it.

Felt bad for the cat lady, but I was really happy to be able to escape into the plane even in Y class before the villagers burned me at the stake.

I would have told both of them that for the right price I'd give up my seat.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 9:27 pm

Programs: Welfare
I was on a late night, long flight home to SAN and was very tired and wanted to rest. I just cannot sleep on planes or really get comfy with out a drink or eight and couldn't wait to get airborne to get me a couple. As the door is about to close, I am in the window seat and my middle seat is empty and I am thinking "Score!".

Well just then, 2 people come down the aisle, a rather large, agitated looking guy and a very pretty little lady. I am praying that if one of them has the middle seat, let it be the lady. Guy walks by my row and sure enough the lady has the seat. She sits down, gets settled, we talk a few and she seems very nice. As we take off I am happy and await bev service.

Well all through climbout, she cannot stop talking and complaining. Bev service comes, she orders nothing, I order a double. She keeps talking, talking, talking, then right before my drinks arrive, she conks out. I am thinking, beautiful, she is quiet and my drinks are coming. As soon as my drinks hit my table, her head hits my shoulder. I try to no disturb her as I relax and enjoy my rum and Coke.

Then it happens, she lifts her head off my shoulder and starts telling me to quit moving, I am waking her up. I say I am sorry but stay in your own seat. She is back to sleep and about 15 mins later, BAM, she is leaned on me again. My next 2 drinks come and as I am getting them, she wakes up and is almost yelling at me to quit moving and then complains to the FA. FA basically says tough, stay in your own seat.

Well it happens again and while yelling at me she is hitting the call button. FA arrives and she is complaining to the FA that I should be reseated, I am waking her up, blah blah. FA again basically tells her tough sh**. She continues to berate the FA and the FA finally drags her out and reseats her in the rear. FA comes up to apologize to me, says it is the strangest thing she has seen and gifts me with 4 little bottles of rum.

The guy who passed me before takeoff I notice was 2 rows back across the aisle, passed out at departure and didn't awake till arrival. That will teach me for wishing.
Old Jun 8, 2008, 10:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by ESPECIALROB
No one suspected another unrelated pax inititated and aided in the theft of the suit's shoe!
Drama! Plot! Intrigue! Great TalkMail fodder.

Last edited by essxjay; Jun 9, 2008 at 5:14 pm
Old Jun 9, 2008, 7:14 am
Taz

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Mrs. Alliance
I was once told I was selfish and rude when I insisted on taking my ticketed seat (aisle, exit row) instead of giving it to the tall guy who was sitting in it when I arrived... he wanted me to take his middle seat in the back. Man, I'm 5'9", and I want my seat!
I know this guy - or one of his evil clones. Sad to say it's happened to me multiple times. On one occasion, he had the nerve to tell me that HE was a VERY IMPORTANT person who'd had a VERY IMPORTANT week and needed to rest on the way home and that he ALWAYS sits in that seat. I just looked at him and said "not on this flight you don't" and ignored his further ranting until he went away. Jerk.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
This complaint is a silly one, her space is till the bar under the seat.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Last week on a flight, my husband was chastised by the woman across the aisle because he waited until the FA's announcement to turn off his blackberry. Why didn't he just turn it off as soon as he boarded?? Didn't he realize the imminent danger he was creating for the aircraft by using it even while passengers were boarding???
Old Jun 9, 2008, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Taz
Unfortunately had to get the FA involved...and they claimed they couldn't put the dog under the seats in front of them because then THEY wouldn't have any leg room. The FA told them that either the dog was moving under one of the seats in front of them, or they were all moving off the plane.
I would be tempted to put the bag in the aisle and tell the FA that someone had left it there.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I would be tempted to put the bag in the aisle and tell the FA that someone had left it there.
Oh, I wouldn't even be tempted, I would do so in 2 seconds. Well, actually, I would do something like: upon seeing a bag in my underseat storage space, I would grab it and remove it whilst saying out loud (to myself) "wow, can't believe someone forgot their dog from the last flight". I assume as I was doing so, the pax would be chiming in that it was their dog, upon which I would promptly hand them the bag and say, oh, here you go then.

If they wouldn't take it from my hands (well, they would probably end up with it on their lap anyway--gently of course!) I would set it down on the floor in front of them (if it fit) or place it in the aisle. What the FA/next pax down the aisle would do would no longer be my business or concern.

Poor doggie, with fools for parents. LOL

I would never wait to be given permission by someone next to me to remove something from my underseat storage space.

What I would be tempted to do is to place it in the overhead (while the door was still open, of course!) with the doggie's face peering out and wait for the FA to see it and ask to whom it belonged. (I would not let the dog stay there though!)
Old Jun 9, 2008, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Taz
I know this guy - or one of his evil clones. Sad to say it's happened to me multiple times. On one occasion, he had the nerve to tell me that HE was a VERY IMPORTANT person who'd had a VERY IMPORTANT week and needed to rest on the way home and that he ALWAYS sits in that seat. I just looked at him and said "not on this flight you don't" and ignored his further ranting until he went away. Jerk.
I once said something like "If you're that important, you can charter your own plane. When you buy a ticket on this one, you follow the same rules as everyone else who bought a ticket on this one." (Or I wish I had. And I will next time. Really. )
Old Jun 9, 2008, 11:36 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by jcwoman
Something similarly bizarre happened to me once, although it wasn't while travelling. DH and I went to see a concert at a local venue. When the concert started, I leaned down with my elbows on knees and my chin in hands. So bending forward, right? Some lady sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and told me to sit up because I was blocking her view. ...? I sat up tall for the entire concert after that. She didn't complain. Apparently I'm bigger when I'm folded over than sitting straight.
Are you a camel?
Old Jun 9, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Analise
Last week on a flight, my husband was chastised by the woman across the aisle because he waited until the FA's announcement to turn off his blackberry. Why didn't he just turn it off as soon as he boarded?? Didn't he realize the imminent danger he was creating for the aircraft by using it even while passengers were boarding???
Is he ok? Did he get hurt by waiting?
Old Jun 9, 2008, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by dchristiva
Similar thing happened to me at a hockey game once. The guy behind me asked me not to sit on the edge of my seat, but rather all the way back. I said I'd do my best, but since I paid for the seat, I was gonna use it however I wanted. He was not happy with me.
FWIW, at the San Jose arena (called the HP Pavilion these days) the announced rule is to not lean forward while watching the game.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Is he ok? Did he get hurt by waiting?
As hurt as everyone else was....
Old Jun 9, 2008, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
About three years ago I was flying on a DL B763 from Las to Atl in the hot summertime. The plane had been dreadfully hot on the ground and it stayed that way for most of the trip. The guy across the aisle (and one row back) from me was wearing 1) a bikini brief; 2) a tank top; 3) flip flops and a wristwatch - all of about equal weight. He asked me to close my air conditioning vent because he was chilly. When I declined to close my overhead vent he summoned a FA who closed my vent and all of the vents around us and ordered me not to touch it.
This guy looked like he may have been kidnapped while mowing his lawn, taken to the airport and forced aboard our airplane. If you don't want to feel chilly at altitude don't fly nearly naked. Where do these people come from?
Old Jun 9, 2008, 4:57 pm

Programs: Welfare
Originally Posted by Orion
This guy looked like he may have been kidnapped while mowing his lawn, taken to the airport and forced aboard our airplane. If you don't want to feel chilly at altitude don't fly nearly naked. Where do these people come from?
After just coming in from mowing the lawns and all sweaty and hot, this cracked me up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.